Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK. Picked up my car from the detail shop today.

Here is what I had done:
Stealth PPF (Paint Protection Film) over the whole car.
Chrome Delete (mixture of gloss black vinyl and some painted parts)
Ceramic Coating over PPF, on wheels and break calipers
Driver and Passenger windows tinted to match rear doors
Windshield lightest tint possible, with added IR/UV blocking.
All interior LEDs upgraded with Abstract Ocean Brights with Blue in foot-well and "X" insignia puddle lights
Wood dash wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl (it was supposed to be carbon from factory, but kept it)
Blackvue 900s 2ch dashcam with custom 3D printed mount to rear-view mirror pedestal

20190624_182654.jpg 20190624_182715.jpg 20190624_182739.jpg 20190624_182753.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the interior at the moment. They forgot to do the spot behind the arm rest in center console, but figure that would take all of 30 min for them to do.

For TeslaCam (Tesla internal dashcam feature) and Music library, I bought a dual SD card reader that shows up as two individual drives on a PC. Figure if a USB hub could allow two thumb drives to be recognized, this would work too, and it does. One SD card is formatted for TeslaCam. The other is full of almost 4000 songs in MP3 variable bit rate.

Later I may use a solid state HD that has a wifi access point built in. There are some that will connect to your WiFi and act as network attached storage. Which means while at home, I could access the drive while it is in the car and never have to pull any video off the SD card manually, or put any new music on manually. I could just open the drive over the network and access files.

Here is what I had done:
All interior LEDs upgraded with Abstract Ocean Brights with Blue in foot-well and "X" insignia puddle lights
Wood dash wrapped with carbon fiber vinyl (it was supposed to be carbon from factory, but kept it)
Blackvue 900s 2ch dashcam with custom 3D printed mount to rear-view mirror pedestal

View attachment 422870 View attachment 422871 View attachment 422872 View attachment 422874

I don't have any pictures of the interior at the moment. They forgot to do the spot behind the arm rest in center console, but figure that would take all of 30 min for them to do.

For TeslaCam (Tesla internal dashcam feature) and Music library, I bought a dual SD card reader that shows up as two individual drives on a PC. Figure if a USB hub could allow two thumb drives to be recognized, this would work too, and it does. One SD card is formatted for TeslaCam. The other is full of almost 4000 songs in MP3 variable bit rate.

Later I may use a solid state HD that has a wifi access point built in. There are some that will connect to your WiFi and act as network attached storage. Which means while at home, I could access the drive while it is in the car and never have to pull any video off the SD card manually, or put any new music on manually. I could just open the drive over the network and access files.
Beautiful!!!

Reactions: Daisame
I did a custom order for a X on June 14, 2019. I was promised delivery prior to July 1 but still don’t have a VIN. I live in DC. Tesla told me the VIN is assigned at completion of the vehicle. Any thoughts?
What’s the status of your vehicle? Did they give you any information? Most of the time if you tell them you need your mvpa to submit to bank for loan they can pull the vin number out.

Here is what I had done:

View attachment 422870 View attachment 422871 View attachment 422872 View attachment 422874

That looks great! Where did you get it done? I’m still on the fence about doing it, but I live on the outskirts of Philadelphia, which seems to Be near your part of the country.

That looks great! Where did you get it done? I’m still on the fence about doing it, but I live on the outskirts of Philadelphia, which seems to Be near your part of the country.

Thanks!

I work in Mt. Laurel NJ. I had this done at AODetail in Cherry Hill; not far from the Cherry Hill Mall. They did a terrific job, albeit a slow one. But I would rather it be slow and good, than fast and poor. :D

I would think there are probably a good number of places around Philly. I did a lot of research on Google, sent some emails to shops asking what they would do and how much they charge before deciding on this place. I highly recommend watching some videos on these wraps and chrome deletes to get a sense of what products & techniques work well, then talk to a few prospective places. However, if they have a track record of doing Tesla, and any high end cars for that matter, with good results, they are probably a safe bet.

Anyone in South Jersey (Cherry Hill adjacent), I highly recommend AODetail.

Reactions: Spelly88