Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Time of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No idea if this is planned or not. I suspect this is the new normal since it reduces the number of dash configurations by one.
I mean if you still configure it now, it shows white or cream there. Only way it’s black is with the black interior. So I’m gonna hold them to it. If it’s black instead of white they can either order me the dash pieces and swap out at a later date, or credit me somehow and I will buy them and swap myself. They need to be more clear with the changes (ventilated seats, different color interior, no Carbon then Carbon again) it’s a little ridiculous ordering something then getting something else and not even getting a heads up. I’ll find out tomorrow at 630. Fingers crossed.

Reading through here, I'm starting to get frustrated. I ordered on June 9, still no delivery date, still no VIN on my account (it's in the page source, but not visible), and no contact from Tesla. Other people who ordered a week ago are getting their deliveries scheduled? I'm in SoCal.

Call your sales advisor, I couldn’t see my vin in my account but they were able to find it on their end so I got the loan paperwork finalized while they moved the car from Fremont to Sacramento, picked it up same day it arrived!

Sometimes you just have to make your own luck.

I Ordered 5/22 and not a peep since then. Online sales advisor had no information whatsoever. At the behest of my impatiently excited son, I decided to stop by the local sales office. They look up my information and all concur that "wow, you should've gotten your car by now"...."no idea why you don't have a VIN"...."something must be up with production". They notice that I had added a rear center console, so that was the only conclusion that we all came up with for the delay.

The lot is full of cars, none of which are inventoried/available per the SA. As I'm about to leave disappointed, they begin to unpack a Model X *exactly* like the one I ordered minus the console. Somehow, it wasn't even in the system yet.

Long story short, after a couple of days of back and forth trying to override my order, I'm supposed to pick up the inventoried unit today. Just in the nick of time for the tax credit. I'd still be sitting at home staring at my online reservation number had I not physically gone to the store to press the issue.

I feel bad for the SAs. They are delivering tons of cars, and the computer/inventory system is not helping their cause. Imagine having inventory cars that match reservation holders and not notifying the customer. Again, I think it's a breakdown in the system(s) somewhere, not a SA problem per se'.

Bright side is, the SA told me that they are delivering 2x the number of cars out of this location compared to last Q2.

Reactions: 19x100D and Daisame
I mean if you still configure it now, it shows white or cream there. Only way it’s black is with the black interior. So I’m gonna hold them to it. If it’s black instead of white they can either order me the dash pieces and swap out at a later date, or credit me somehow and I will buy them and swap myself. They need to be more clear with the changes (ventilated seats, different color interior, no Carbon then Carbon again) it’s a little ridiculous ordering something then getting something else and not even getting a heads up. I’ll find out tomorrow at 630. Fingers crossed.
I saw someone post here before I got my car that they received white interior with black dash.

I then picked up my car 6/11 - MX LR FSD red/white 6 seater - it had white interior with a white dash.

Then I saw another picture on this forum after that with white interior black dash. He claimed performance models have a black dash and non-performance have a white dash.

Who knows if that’s true but did you order a performance model?

I saw someone post here before I got my car that they received white interior with black dash.

I then picked up my car 6/11 - MX LR FSD red/white 6 seater - it had white interior with a white dash.

Then I saw another picture on this forum after that with white interior black dash. He claimed performance models have a black dash and non-performance have a white dash.

Who knows if that’s true but did you order a performance model?
Yes. Performance, midnight silver, 7 seater, white with carbon and fsd.

Update! I called Tesla, and they scheduled the appointment for me for Sunday. Though, the rep sounded somewhat convinced that it may actually be earlier (he said to be on the lookout for a call from the local delivery team since they may call with earlier availability).

At least I've got a delivery date now even if it's not moved up! 10 days from initial order to delivery is pretty darn good.

Super Awesome! prior to the 1st!

My car has arrived! :)
I got it with 78 km on the battery.. with 64 km to the closest supercharger.
I got there with 4 km left!

Anyway, there was a small dent on the trunk door as a result from some issues in an auto-link.
Anyone know if they give discounts for things like that? It will be fixed in the body shop in a few days.

I doubt they would give a discount for something they are going to presumably fix for free. If you kept it with the dent, maybe. I would imagine they would rather fix it though.

I got tow hitch I dint order it with my delivery and no NEMA 14-50 connector for adapter.

Sometimes you just have to make your own luck.

I Ordered 5/22 and not a peep since then. Online sales advisor had no information whatsoever. At the behest of my impatiently excited son, I decided to stop by the local sales office. They look up my information and all concur that "wow, you should've gotten your car by now"...."no idea why you don't have a VIN"...."something must be up with production". They notice that I had added a rear center console, so that was the only conclusion that we all came up with for the delay.

The lot is full of cars, none of which are inventoried/available per the SA. As I'm about to leave disappointed, they begin to unpack a Model X *exactly* like the one I ordered minus the console. Somehow, it wasn't even in the system yet.

Long story short, after a couple of days of back and forth trying to override my order, I'm supposed to pick up the inventoried unit today. Just in the nick of time for the tax credit. I'd still be sitting at home staring at my online reservation number had I not physically gone to the store to press the issue.

I feel bad for the SAs. They are delivering tons of cars, and the computer/inventory system is not helping their cause. Imagine having inventory cars that match reservation holders and not notifying the customer. Again, I think it's a breakdown in the system(s) somewhere, not a SA problem per se'.

Bright side is, the SA told me that they are delivering 2x the number of cars out of this location compared to last Q2.

Congratulations!! It always pays to ask. :D

Reactions: jewilson2
I doubt they would give a discount for something they are going to presumably fix for free. If you kept it with the dent, maybe. I would imagine they would rather fix it though.

Yeah, I'm not really stressing it, the paint isn't even broken so I suspect they just have to "suck" it out somehow or bang it out from inside.
I was just curious since it's the first car I've received with a dent in it :)
The service to fix it (and another minor nit about the exterior) is already scheduled.

Never thought the day would come but I took delivery of my Midnight Sliver Performance 7 seater white interior w/carbon this evening. Got loaded up on the flatbed right at Tesla to go straight to the detailer for a full clear paint protection, , chrome delete, windshield protection film, front windows tint to match rears, & to install the referral 22’ Onyx wheels that I got and already has ceramic coated. It did come with the black lower Dash panels, but they took pictures and noted my account and I signed it that they will come most likely by mobile service otherwise I will stop in to service center to swap to the white free of charge. Here are a couple pics. Glad to finally be apart of the community!!!

Attachments

• 013DAD88-B7AF-47DB-B2F7-F4E287822029.jpeg
    013DAD88-B7AF-47DB-B2F7-F4E287822029.jpeg
    714.8 KB · Views: 83
  • AA009ACA-E9A2-478B-913D-B6BA4F7C453C.jpeg
    AA009ACA-E9A2-478B-913D-B6BA4F7C453C.jpeg
    738.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 3F4B528B-6F74-42F2-8520-A0F762B304E9.jpeg
    3F4B528B-6F74-42F2-8520-A0F762B304E9.jpeg
    616.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 19x100D and Zaxxon
Never thought the day would come but I took delivery of my Midnight Sliver Performance 7 seater white interior w/carbon this evening. Got loaded up on the flatbed right at Tesla to go straight to the detailer for a full clear paint protection, , chrome delete, windshield protection film, front windows tint to match rears, & to install the referral 22’ Onyx wheels that I got and already has ceramic coated. It did come with the black lower Dash panels, but they took pictures and noted my account and I signed it that they will come most likely by mobile service otherwise I will stop in to service center to swap to the white free of charge. Here are a couple pics. Glad to finally be apart of the community!!!

Super happy for you man! It looks beautiful.

Reactions: davezforce
It took a little bit, they rescheduled delivery several times but picked mine up yesterday. BTW - I did get a 14-50 adapter

hehe consider yourself lucky for the bonus 14-50. Most people do not get it. They are sort of pricey too, but even 14-50 extension cords on Amazon or like $60. Probably because they are simply not as common as regular cords, and there is more materials that go into it.