Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TIO.com to pay monthly payments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience using tio.com (formally chargesmart.com) or other similar services to pay their monthly lease or purchase

And not to hijack a thread, but could the service be used to pay more of the down payment beyond the initial $2.5k? I'm not familiar with TIO - do they charge for these services? It would be very nice to get CC points out of this somehow.

Unfortunately it looks like the fees aren't disclosed until you actually make a payment, which is not very cool. My Amex only gives me 2% back on purchases, so any fees over 2% kill the deal.

I guess I'll just do automatic bill pay from my checking account.

I used Tio once to do a large payment on my auto loan to get the initial 50k sign on bonus. Fee was I believe around $40 on a 4k payment. Not too bad.

That's not bad depending on which CC you use. I checked my taxes, utility and auto loan provider, fees were 2-4 times the value of the points I would get back on a Chase Sapphire Reserve so not worth it for me.