Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation cost.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are tire rotations $15 for those that don't have tires with Discount/America's Tire? My car is still relatively new so I am still running on stock Continental tires. Will they do tire rotations for <$20?
Discount Tire does a great job a getting your business by offering free rotations, flat repair and sometimes balancing. They tend to err on the low wide when measuring your tread depth in order to sell you a tire.

But they have become extremely aggressive at selling windshield wipers. 🤣 I had one Discount Tire tech tell me my wipers needed replacement and had to tell him I just replaced the wipers that month.

• Funny
Reactions: ATPMSD
So they will do tire rotations for free even though you never gave them any business?
They will push new wipers or new tires at you after low balling your tread depth. 🤣

I will only buy tires from Discount Tire because they usually have a "ride and drive" policy so that within 30 days or 1,000 miles you can bring back your new tires and trade for another brand with no penalty.

Reactions: flai54
A manual gauge? The cheap short pencil shaped gauge? You think that's more accurate than a hand-held electronic gauge?

I find it interesting that a for-profit business like Discount Tire is getting slammed here for "illicit" activity. HAHA! Welcome to the real world of Amuhrican Capitalism.

• Funny
Reactions: tradosaurus
I see Discount Tire Center stores, America's Tire and American Tire Depot stores in the Los Angeles area. Does anyone know if America's Tire and/or American Tire Depot stores also offer free tire rotations as well in addition to Discount Tire Center stores?

Just had tire rotation done at America's Tire in my area. They used 4 floor jacks with pucks on each jack point and also used torque wrenches on the lug nuts.. Very happy with the quality of their work and it was done at absolutely no cost! It doesn't matter if the tires were bought elsewhere, they will still do it for free. Their generous policy grabs a lot of business. It will certainly grab mine when the OEM Contis need replacement.

Reactions: fsb1
I did the Tesla home appt too. He showed up on time and says, "Oh model Y performance, stagged sizes so we don't rotate them."

So this is the first car I've owned that had different sizes front to rear, so it never crossed my mind when I scheduled it.
I asked him why they even bothered to show up because they obviously know it's an MYP. He agreed, had no idea. Said it happens all the time.

A month later I read somewhere that the tires should be "rotated" by moving left to right etc. He never mentioned that. I also checked my
online manual and don't see any info about it.

Anyone with staggered sizes know what the story is?

Seems like a good idea for me since I do mainly in town driving with lots of left and right hand turns and I would imagine that is producing
a specific wear pattern.

Cheers.

Oh model Y performance, stagged sizes so we don't rotate them."

This is why you take your car to Discount Tire who can do it right! With an appointment Discount Tire is only about an hour and tire rotations are free. BTW, even if Tesla can do the rotation they can only do a front to back rotation. Nearly every tire manufacturer specifies a cross-rotation, or side to side for stagged and front to back only for directional.