Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation cost.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a tire rotation done at America's Tire. The rotation was free, but $40.00 if you want balancing. I guess YMMV at America's Tire if balancing is free or not. Probably did not need to have it done since the tech stated the tires were all OK.

Tire rotations cost only $15. And if you've made a purchase of tires or wheels with Discount Tire, you'll receive a complimentary tire rotation or balance. Plus, even new wheel purchases come at a lower price.
Unless it's different for a Tesla, it doesn't matter where you purchased them. They'll rotate and even repair a flat, if repairable, at no cost. I've been using them for years with all my vehicles, even new ones with OEM tires. They want your business and it's a cheap way for them to start a relationship. I guess I'll find out if that changes once we need our first rotation.

Reactions: Pianewman
Tire shops rotate your tires below their cost, as they want to get a look underneath your car to perhaps solicite a brake job, sell you new tires, sell an alignment, sell you shocks etc.
The cheap pricing, sometimes free, are a marketing tool to sell other services.
Tesla has no incentive to do this, so will likely want to recover their costs of service plus a profit.

My first rotation at 6250 miles per the owners manual was performed as goodwill (i.e., free) at my delivery service center. Since then, the guidance was changed to “as needed” based on tread wear. Subsequent rotations done at our local Discount Tire at no charge. We have purchased a tire there for another vehicle (unrepairable blowout) but for our Tesla I’ve had one tire repair and rotations done there all at no charge. They will get my business when I need a new set.

My first rotation at 6250 miles per the owners manual was performed as goodwill (i.e., free) at my delivery service center. Since then, the guidance was changed to “as needed” based on tread wear. Subsequent rotations done at our local Discount Tire at no charge. We have purchased a tire there for another vehicle (unrepairable blowout) but for our Tesla I’ve had one tire repair and rotations done there all at no charge. They will get my business when I need a new set.
Wow Model 3 have 6250 Miles as rotation milestone ? For mthe Model Y online says 10000 miles.

Tire rotation is a perfect example of "YMMV."

There are SOOOO many variables involved, there can be no absolute answer.

Typically, well-maintained tires can last for about 60,000 miles. Neglecting tire rotations, however, could cost you 17% or around 10,000 miles of tire life.

Straight line, gentle highway miles, I would agree.

I guess you've never owned a heavy, high-torque, performance car that is driven assertively. (or...like an a-hole) 🤣

Reactions: alexcue and DanDi58
Tire rotations cost only $15. And if you've made a purchase of tires or wheels with Discount Tire, you'll receive a complimentary tire rotation or balance. Plus, even new wheel purchases come at a lower price.
Are tire rotations $15 for those that don't have tires with Discount/America's Tire? My car is still relatively new so I am still running on stock Continental tires. Will they do tire rotations for <$20?

I called various tire stores in my area (Boston, MA). All of them want $60 for tire rotation (Town fair, Mavis, Hogan, NTB, etc). One far away independent shop said $10 per tire (or $40) but I will have to drive like 70 miles round trip. So not sure where/how people are getting all tires rotated for $15 because in MA, they are asking $15 for *EACH* tire. Townfair said its free if I buy the tires from them but its a new car, so if I don't need to buy then its $60. There is no discount tire in MA. If anyone knows of a cheaper place to rotate tires in MA, please do share.

Wow Model 3 have 6250 Miles as rotation milestone ? For mthe Model Y online says 10000 miles.
Back in 2018 my Model 3’s owners manual specified 6250 miles for rotations. On tesla.com the current Model 3 owners manual states the same plus a wear caveat:

Tire Rotation, Balance, and Wheel Alignment​

Tesla recommends rotating the tires every 6,250 miles (10,000 km) or if tread depth difference is 2/32 in (1.5 mm) or greater, whichever comes first.
Tire rotation is an essential part of tire maintenance. It helps maintain an even treadwear pattern which enhances the tire's overall wear quality, decreases road noise and maximizes tire life.