Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any established tire shops around Tampa that I can take my model S to rotate tires? Shops that have worked with Tesla's and know where the jack points are without damaging the battery.

I've never had a problem with tire shops and jack points--just make them aware of it. The major problem is the lug nuts. They are covered with an aluminum shell and are damaged if an impact wrench is used. A new set is $100.

I've never had a problem with tire shops and jack points--just make them aware of it. The major problem is the lug nuts. They are covered with an aluminum shell and are damaged if an impact wrench is used. A new set is $100.
This is very helpful, important info. Can you say a bit more on exactly how to avoid damage? Use manual, old style t-bar wrench? Does every tire shop have them?

This is very helpful, important info. Can you say a bit more on exactly how to avoid damage? Use manual, old style t-bar wrench? Does every tire shop have them?
I avoid the damage by doing myself (or the SC does it during the annual maintenance). I use a breaker bar, a torque wrench, a substantial jack, Jackpoint jack stands, and a couple of hockey pucks. Use only 6 point 21mm sockets.

The better tire shops will only use the impact wrench to spin the lug nuts off after they are loose.