Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 Registration for those who Pre-Registered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of us (including me) will be driving down right past SJC on Friday afternoon - might be worth working on some kind of scheduling to help folks flying in - personally I would be happy to pick up and transport from either SFO or SJC on my way down, if the timing works.

I rented a Model S from Hertz for the weekend - I'm going to be in a situation like Curt for a year and can't own one, so I will be looking for reasons to drive.
I'm thinking about golfing on Thursday 17th at The Links at Spanish Bay and hopefully taking a tour of the factory on Friday. Let me know if anyone is interested in putting together a foursome.

Looks like REFUEL already has an insurance offering through Lockton... Go to the "Buy" button, then search for events at Laguna Seca in July -- you'll see that Speed Ventures has an event the weekend of Jul 18-20. Speed Ventures is REFUEL... Here's the link to the event page:

Speed Ventures | Lockton Motorsports
For those curious but lazier than I was w/r/t to clicking, I figured it might be useful to share.

For my details the results were:
Your Premium is $720.00 for a Total Stated Value of $120,000.00

For those curious but lazier than I was w/r/t to clicking, I figured it might be useful to share.

Thanks for posting that. I have been super curious, but alas, lazy. My husband is dying to do participate in REFUEL - wonder how those numbers will affect this (esp since it is MY car he would be tearing through the track with) :)

ps - Brianman, tried to give you +rep... but apparently I have given you too much lately.. I was told to spread it around b4 giving you more. so - here you go - public display of reputation! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that. I have been super curious, but alas, lazy. My husband is dying to do participate in REFUEL - wonder how those numbers will affect this (esp since it is MY car he would be tearing through the track with) :)

ps - Brianman, tried to give you +rep... but apparently I have given you too much lately.. I was told to spread it around b4 giving you more. so - here you go - public display of reputation! :biggrin:
Heh, thanks. :)

Here's a suggestion:
If you feel you have a pent up reputation point you can't spend on someone who deserved it, actively seek out a new member (say < 50 posts) that did good and give him/her the point. :)

I rented a Model S from Hertz for the weekend - I'm going to be in a situation like Curt for a year and can't own one, so I will be looking for reasons to drive.
I'm thinking about golfing on Thursday 17th at The Links at Spanish Bay and hopefully taking a tour of the factory on Friday. Let me know if anyone is interested in putting together a foursome.

I don't know if they changed this, but be aware Hertz had previously enforced a 75mi/day limit (overage is $0.50 a mile) averaged over your stay. Round trip SFO-Monterey alone is about 220 miles. Depending on how long you rented the car for, you might be cutting it close. Again, just a heads up in case they didn't make that clear to you.

Sounds about right. Track day insurance is expensive. Pretty high risk, and our cars are on the high end of what's covered. At $100k it's $560, and the deductible changes at $100k so there's some additional benefit to agreeing to a value of $99,999, assuming that's above 90% KBB value as required by the policy.

Considering you'd otherwise be out the entire $100k in the event the car is totaled, it's not completely ridiculous.

I don't know if they changed this, but be aware Hertz had previously enforced a 75mi/day limit (overage is $0.50 a mile) averaged over your stay. Round trip SFO-Monterey alone is about 220 miles. Depending on how long you rented the car for, you might be cutting it close. Again, just a heads up in case they didn't make that clear to you.

Thanks, they were clear about the mileage over charge. It's not cheap, but I'm looking at it as an extended test drive. Ive been living vicariously through the forum and I would like to experience the extended Tesla grin myself.

I would love to join you. Unfortunately the only thing I'm good at, when playing golf, is digging wholes. But I'll gladly join you for a drink later to hear how well you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Blue I got him for you.

Lockton quote looks like it is for the 3 day event, not the 1 day event

Looks like the Lockton insurance quote is for the 3 day event, not the 1 day event. Wondering if it would be cheaper for the 1 day event. Will email them and post the results here.