Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2015 - July 10-12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got high hopes that we will hear some news about Model X at TMC Connect. Just cannot imagine that Tesla won't throw its most loyal followers a bone with a sneak peak, some clues about features and available options, preliminary test videos, an update on production timeline, some never before seen renderings, 3D models, photos, or anything! This anticipation is the main reason I'm going this year. :smile:

I've got high hopes that we will hear some news about Model X at TMC Connect. Just cannot imagine that Tesla won't throw its most loyal followers a bone with a sneak peak, some clues about features and available options, preliminary test videos, an update on production timeline, some never before seen renderings, 3D models, photos, or anything! This anticipation is the main reason I'm going this year. :smile:

You are not alone! I have hope, but I'm planning for disappointment with this.

While that would be great, this is a TMC conference and not a Tesla conference. I have zero expectations that we will hear anything new on the X at the conference itself.

I finally altered my schedule, blew off revenue, and am booked in. I'm excited, I have not seen the factory since it was NUMMI.I did book into the Hilton rather than the Hyatt, and had to forego teh drive from Miami to Santa Clara, which I really do want to do. Oh well, sometime.

Maybe he has Hilton rewards points. That Hilton is conveniently right across the street from the Hyatt, so it's not a bad back up. But having spent a lot of time over there I think the Hyatt is a much nicer hotel.

We've actually run out of Sunday night rooms at the Hyatt, but I'm working to add more, just in case anyone has trouble booking.

Hello All, I have two kids, 10 and 12 years old. I'd like to bring them to the conference. In past conferences, have you seen many kids in attendance? Also, unless there's a really cool Tesla policy of not charging an entry fee to kids under 18, I suppose the minimum cost would be an ala carte ticket to get into the Saturday conference and Sunday breakfast, true?

The actual conference, is just that. A conference with panel speakers, and people sitting quietly waiting to ask their very geeky questions. Quite fun for us TMC forum folks, but not fun for kids, so there have been no kids yet.

first year it was just the hardcore TMC folks, as this group has expanded some folks have started bringing spouses and kids, and the significant others and children go do other things during the days, and meetup in the evenings.

you might want to see if anyone else is bringing kids. The hotel is right down the street from Great America, so maybe a bunch of folks would like to do that while we "geek-out"?

Thanks for the reply. The visit to Great America on Saturday is a great idea. Do you have any idea if the Friday evening reception would be okay for a couple of curious, well behaved kids? I assume the Sunday Brunch would be fine (as well as a Factory tour, hopefully on Sunday afternoon).

I'm bringing my wife & 2 kids (11 & 8) since they have no choice (we will be on a cross country trip). However, they will not be attending the conference. My wife is planning on taking them to Great America and hanging out at the hotel pool.

As a bonus for sticking with me, I have scheduled a factory tour for the whole family on Monday morning.

Incidentally, I would like to give up my factory tour spot which I had registered for since I will be going on my own now.