Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since it seems there may be several folks staying in Reno to go to the Picnic Creek party on Sunday, I was thinking of going to the National Auto Museum on Saturday after the SC opening. See: National Automobile Museum

It's about a 3 mile/10 minute ride, easily Uberable.

If there's enough interest, I can start a new thread and even contact the museum to see if we can get a group rate or a special tour, etc.

I went to the National Auto Museum 4 years ago. It is very well done, enjoyed it.

I was considering going again this year.

I am not sure if they do group tours, I vaguely remember walking through the whole place on our own.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I did the National Auto Museum tour in April when I had some family in town. The tours are given by volunteers so you never know. To whoever is leading the charge on this (HankLloydRight) I'd recommend calling a few days ahead just so they are aware a group will be stopping by so they can be sure to have a tour guide available or you can a least get their schedule.

Side note...they only have one electric car but don't hold that against them ;)

I'd keep an eye on traffic (www.sigalert.com), but considering it's midday, would leave around noon for Fremont. And that will likely get you there early. The closer you get to 3pm, the more roads will back up.

@austinEV, for travel to Fremont, I'd leave a bit before noon. The problem is partly about traffic (it does get really thick in the afternoon), but also parking at the factory. I don't know when their shift changes are, but in the morning you can spend 30 minutes looking for a spot, and then some time walking to the lobby. And you never know when a traffic event along the way can throw a significant wrench into your plans...

I presume you'll be in an ICE / rental car, but if you need charging, that's another bucket of worms...

I can drive anywhere in North America in an amazing car powered by the sun, but I can't find the dang place on the TMC registration page for selecting early-bird registration. I've entered my credit card info but I'm holding off on pressing the "submit" button until some kind soul tells me where the early-bird registration option is selected. thx!

I can drive anywhere in North America in an amazing car powered by the sun, but I can't find the dang place on the TMC registration page for selecting early-bird registration. I've entered my credit card info but I'm holding off on pressing the "submit" button until some kind soul tells me where the early-bird registration option is selected. thx!
I think it disappeared a couple of days ago, sorry.

The bird is no longer early.

I just booked. I wasn't planning to attend but got an invite from Tesla yesterday to the GF party which naturally I couldn't pass up. So I took the opportunity to also come to this event. I couldn't book the hotel with our special price, but used priceline.com instead and got the same deal. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Reactions: ModelX
I'm still on the fence about going. I was toying with the idea of hosting some kind of technical break-out session for fellow geeks and engineer-types, or people just curious about technical details. I proposed this to Doug, but I think he's too busy to respond. If this isn't "officially sanctioned" by TMC, we could still do it off-schedule somewhere. Who would be interested in such a thing?

• Love
Reactions: PaulusdB and Jeff N
I'm still on the fence about going. I was toying with the idea of hosting some kind of technical break-out session for fellow geeks and engineer-types, or people just curious about technical details. I proposed this to Doug, but I think he's too busy to respond. If this isn't "officially sanctioned" by TMC, we could still do it off-schedule somewhere. Who would be interested in such a thing?

I am all in for an engineering focused geek fest. :cool:

I'd also love to learn tech details.

If I end up securing a wayward +1 (aka a miracle ticket) for the Gigafactory event, I'd be up for an off-site gathering having to do with any and all things of a technogeekish nature.

Depending upon the time of day, I could even be persuaded to bring ale.

Doug proposed a table topic for lunch, but that's probably limited to a handful of people. Sounds like it might be better to do out of the conference. I could also give a talk, but I'd rather it be more interactive and Q&A style. There's a lot of misinformation out there and I'd love to help get some good info out.

I am totally up for this, whenever/whereever it is!

Maybe take over part of the reception area or an adjacent conference room Thursday evening and talk tech with a beer in hand?