Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Save or Not to Save - Delivery Estimator

Are you saving your selection?

• Saved - First Production

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Saved - Standard Battery

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Saved - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Not Saved

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you thinking? Says it won't change your spot in line but will it? I'm waiting for dual motor either way or getting another X instead.
Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 9.06.33 AM.png

Reactions: cdub
Trevor Page just mentioned on the Model3OwnersClub live stream they just finished that Tesla has about 75,000 USA deliveries left to qualify for the tax credit, so, if you choose an AWD car, I'd say you would be out of luck for the credit. Something to think about. Not that what you choose on the webpage matters, but a factor in an ordering decision when that pops up!

• Helpful
Reactions: Adrien
Trevor Page just mentioned on the Model3OwnersClub live stream they just finished that Tesla has about 75,000 USA deliveries left to qualify for the tax credit, so, if you choose an AWD car, I'd say you would be out of luck for the credit. Something to think about. Not that what you choose on the webpage matters, but a factor in an ordering decision when that pops up!

Not sure how anyone could say that with any degree of certainty at this point.

Reactions: AlanSqB
That is just when the final two quarters of 100% tax credit is triggered. There is then more quarters of 50% and 25% credits.

Trevor Page just mentioned on the Model3OwnersClub live stream they just finished that Tesla has about 75,000 USA deliveries left to qualify for the tax credit, so, if you choose an AWD car, I'd say you would be out of luck for the FULL credit. Something to think about. Not that what you choose on the webpage matters, but a factor in an ordering decision when that pops up!
I fixed it for you. It just doesn't go away. It is still full credit for the quarter right after the quarter when they reach 200K and then is reduced by half for some period and reduced by half again for some period then it is totally gone. I don't remember the timeframe for how long the reduced credits are and too lazy to look it up. I'm sure others here will know.

Will our legislators let the incentive run out on an American company employing thousands of American workers while other foreign companies who bided their time get to cash in? Maybe. Maybe not.
Yes. Yes they will let it run out. You must not watch the news. Trying to kill off the black mans healthcare law will consume every legislative minute....

Seriously.

I fixed it for you. It just doesn't go away. It is still full credit for the quarter right after the quarter when they reach 200K and then is reduced by half for some period and reduced by half again for some period then it is totally gone. I don't remember the timeframe for how long the reduced credits are and too lazy to look it up. I'm sure others here will know.
Right, I know that. We've been talking about here for the last year. :D And the AWD isn't going to be available until late 2018 for most people. So my observation is probably pretty correct. Won't be much left by the time the AWD is rolling out.

Exactly. Two things.
  1. That would just be to the start of the phase out.
  2. Will our legislators let the incentive run out on an American company employing thousands of American workers while other foreign companies who bided their time get to cash in? Maybe. Maybe not.
As I say elsewhere, I know that and AWD won't be out for over a year. Won't be much left of it, if anything, by late 2018. All I was saying was that people waiting for AWD won't have much of a credit left, if there is anything by that point.

And do you really expect this Congress to re-authorize anything to do with EVs? What does American or Foreign companies have to do with it? It's purchases in the USA of EVs sold here.

Hi, everybody. Here is the latest situation about federal tax credits:

As of today, Tesla has sold 134,735 cars in the USA and they are expected to hit 200,000 USA sales on 20 Jan 2018 based on my calculation. According to the rules, if they hit 200K sales on any day in Q1 2018, full tax credits will continue until the end of Q2 2018. Therefore, the most likely scenario looks like this:

$7,500 for deliveries until Jun 30, 2018
$3,750 for deliveries until Dec 31, 2018
$1,875 for deliveries until Jun 30, 2019

In the future, for the latest info on this issue, you can open this page and scroll all the way to the right. If you want to check out the rules, open this page, scroll down and expand the phaseout section.