Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To service, or not to service... that is the question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the service menu of my Model 3 it says VCLEFT_a296_buckleFaultedRearC. See screenshot.

IMG_20231001_155457732_HDR.jpg

My basic warranty is up in about 400 miles, but the service center is 1.5 hours each way plus wait time.

Would you bring it in for service for this, or just let it go?

Absolutely....get as much sorted as possible before the warranty is up. I would go get a full service in case anything else can be uncovered. The seat belt sensor might just be a minor thing...but what if it isn’t ?
Just out of interest, my nearest SC is two hours away

No mobile tech?
No, unfortunately not.

Take it in. Question: why not?
I just tested to confirm - it's the sensor that detects if the rear center seatbelt is buckled. So if anyone is sitting there and not buckled, the warning won't come up on screen. I guess I'm just not sure it's worth a day at the service center... although there's also a VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh on there too now, so I guess perhaps it's worth one more trip to the service center on their dime.

Reactions: zoomer0056
No, unfortunately not.

I just tested to confirm - it's the sensor that detects if the rear center seatbelt is buckled. So if anyone is sitting there and not buckled, the warning won't come up on screen. I guess I'm just not sure it's worth a day at the service center... although there's also a VCFRONT_a059_inputResistanceHigh on there too now, so I guess perhaps it's worth one more trip to the service center on their dime.
Wait a tic, Your location is Rochester, NY. Isn’t there a SC in Rochester? I had called them, seeking a CCS ECU retrofit.

No, unfortunately not.

I went in before the warranty was up and they found some other issues and fixed them for free.

In the service menu of my Model 3 it says VCLEFT_a296_buckleFaultedRearC. See screenshot.

View attachment 978769

My basic warranty is up in about 400 miles, but the service center is 1.5 hours each way plus wait time.

Would you bring it in for service for this, or just let it go?

Take it in.

Don't live to regret not taking it in.

What yearly inspection?

What inspection company knows how to inspect a Tesla?

Most states in the US require some sort of safety inspection on an annual basis. My state does this. It doesn't matter who the vehicle manufacturer is, they all get the inspection.

Since it's an EV, it doesn't need the emissions test, but everything else is checked. They do check seatbelts, but I'm not sure that sensor would be a problem.

Most states in the US require some sort of safety inspection on an annual basis. My state does this. It doesn't matter who the vehicle manufacturer is, they all get the inspection.

Since it's an EV, it doesn't need the emissions test, but everything else is checked. They do check seatbelts, but I'm not sure that sensor would be a problem.

I can't believe they would know where to go to look at a sensor problem. That problem doesn't show up on the main screen and there is no port to plug into like an Emissions Test Port.

Hello @father_of_6 ,

Hope all goes well with your service visit. Let us cover you in the future with an XCare extended warranty. We do not care about where you purchased your vehicle from, if you are still under factory warranty, or well past it. If you are able to select your vehicle specifics, and see term options, then your vehicle qualifies. XCare EV Protection

XCare was created to act as an extension of your bumper-to-bumper vehicle limited warranty since most of those warranties expires first.

Let us know if you have any questions and happy driving!
-Team XCare