Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To the Black Model 3 that blew past me on West 80 in Davis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you didn't go to jail. I was doing 75MPH when you passed me like I was standing still. Then 20 seconds later a Charger CHP flew past at about 150MPH. You made it to Dixon when I drove past you too.

That's going to be one expensive ticket.

Get the dashcam footage by chance? We can start making a "Best of Tesla Drivers" compilation.

Get the dashcam footage by chance? We can start making a "Best of Tesla Drivers" compilation.

Off-topic, but the Tesla dashcam footage seems to be in slow motion. This encounter wouldn't look so fast on the video.

I had a guy run across the street between parked cars directly in front of me recently. I slammed on the brakes and fortunately didn't hit him. It was very close and my daughter was impressed with how quickly I reacted. Anyway, the guy was running very fast. In the dashcam footage, it looked much slower than in real life.....not even worth showing because it looks like no big deal.

Off-topic, but the Tesla dashcam footage seems to be in slow motion. This encounter wouldn't look so fast on the video.

I had a guy run across the street between parked cars directly in front of me recently. I slammed on the brakes and fortunately didn't hit him. It was very close and my daughter was impressed with how quickly I reacted. Anyway, the guy was running very fast. In the dashcam footage, it looked much slower than in real life.....not even worth showing because it looks like no big deal.

I found the same thing. I forgot the situation, but some nut passed us like we were standing still. So I saved a clip and in the Video it seemed like no big deal.

I think no sound is part of it.

For Californians:

• Over 100 mph can get you a CVC 22348. This is 2 point ticket like drunk driving. The judge can suspend your license and so can the DMV.
  • But you could also get a Reckless CVC 23103. Again a two point with possible suspensions. In the past drunk driving was often reduced to this CVC in a plea bargain, so your insurance might consider to be a DWI.
  • Finally you can get a the biggie. The infamous Speed Contest / Exhibition of Speed CVC 23109. This is the big gun. While it's still a two point, you are far more likely to get suspended and some counties will seize your car for XX days or forever.

I learned these facts the hard way when I was young.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
I think he or she has a good chance of getting away.

155.JPG
162.JPG