Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's puzzle: I discovered a new icon on the Nav screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
Right at the top, I had a locked padlock symbol with a white 12 inside a solid red circle

I thought: that's interesting, maybe 12 people tried to get in, or hopefully it mas me trying to get in 12 times when I was testing Sentry the other day

Then I set off on my journey and as I was leaving the neighborhood i noticed the lock didn't have the white 12 with the red circle any more

Can anyone guess why?

Right at the top, I had a locked padlock symbol with a white 12 inside a solid red circle

I thought: that's interesting, maybe 12 people tried to get in, or hopefully it mas me trying to get in 12 times when I was testing Sentry the other day

Then I set off on my journey and as I was leaving the neighborhood i noticed the lock didn't have the white 12 with the red circle any more

Can anyone guess why?
I'll bet that's how many times sentry picked up some movement.

Can anyone guess why?
Is this a game where you actually already know the answer and you're letting us guess a while, or legit don't know?

12 notifications in the notification panel about errors?

Alex, why the thumbs down? If I did a screen shot it would be patently obvious and no longer a puzzle

Here's a clue: When I left my neighbourhood, the Red circle went away, and when I returned, it had a white 10 in it

Probably because different people come to websites like this for different things. Some come to get answers to questions, some come to hang out, etc. I personally like helping people, this is why I said "yes" when they asked me if I would help out here as a moderator (which is volunteer, unpaid, time).

While some enjoy this type of sleuthing / guessing game, others dont. I fall into the later category (unless the original poster didnt actually know what it was), but not enough to mark disagree for it, but some likely do. To be fair, though, you put in the thread title that it was a "puzzle" so its not like you were hiding the content type.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Even with the title, I read it as a question asking for clarification/answer. As more new owners join the forum, this is becoming the common type of thread. “I see this thing on the screen and I don’t know what it is. And nothing is mentioned in the manual. Can some one tell me what it is and what it does?”

When it turns out to be a game of actual puzzle, and you seem to want to drag out this interaction, I vote with my thumb down.

Ok fine, take all the fun out of it

Clue #1: Solid Red Circle with a white number in it on the Nav screen is what? ...it's a Supercharger

Clue #2: What does the number mean? ...it's the no of open stalls, hence it changes over time

Clue #3: Why does it disappear when I leave the neighbourhood and reappear when I return? ...because the map moves as I drive

Answer: The Nav screen goes all the way to the edge of the physical screen so the icons like SoC, Time of Day, OAT, Dashcam etc are all overlaid onto the Nav screen. When I get into my car it just so happens that a nearby Supercharger displays right under the Lock/Unlock icon making it look like what I described in post #1

"App notifications on an iPhone?" was a pretty good answer. That's certainly what it looked like (until it moved)

I don't know why I bothered really. It's not like I forced anyone to play along. I really figured someone would have got the answer by now

Here's why the screen shot should have given it away

1639170011637.png

Available Superchargers!

I've seen other icons on the screen in the past and been excited it was something new, only to realize it was part of the map. Doh!

BTW, you could put the picture in a spoiler tag so that it would be hidden until people click on it in your message.

Reactions: EVer Hopeful