Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today's Roadster Orphan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DeedWest, I've got a deposit down on 1157 (coincidentally from the same dealership the guy you responded to got his from). Do you have any info on that vehicle? Apparently you're the VIN Oracle around here from what I've read. Thanks!

Sent you a PM. I haven’t visited them since they got 1157, but since I live 5 minutes away, I’ll head over there and check on it for you.

Reactions: MCroadster
View attachment 408416 Robb Francis Sports Car in the east coast is selling an extremely upgraded, extremely low miles (less than 3000), 2010 Black Roadster Sport with carbon fiber interior package AND all carbon fiber exterior package as well including the side air vents. Contact Andrew at 973-202-0652 if interested. First to offer $45K gets this beautiful car.

Walked by the showroom yesterday, obviously closed, but the car looks great as it is upfront in the window.
Hopefully will stop by when they are open some time soon.

Congratulations! Executive Dark Gray is an extremely rare interior, so you picked a great one. I’ve heard rumors that one used to be owned by Bill Maher, but not 100% sure.

Dealer in Dallas just texted me confirmation that indeed, Bill Maher was the previous owner. He has signed the title over, so, a little more prestige for this vehicle, at least for the "left leaning" folks... :)

Walked by the showroom yesterday, obviously closed, but the car looks great as it is upfront in the window.
Hopefully will stop by when they are open some time soon.
Hi, from the pictures provided by the dealer, I have some questions... I can see both the glove compartment and the charging plug area being very dusty, almost like filled with mud.... Do you have any idea what's the cause of it?

Hi folks: Brand new visitor to the Roadster forum!

I am a fortunate owner of S 75, X 100D and a 3LR RWD and thinking about getting another Tesla!

While I think I know a lot about Tesla but I know nothing re Roadster. Anything I should be concerned with 642 aka 4k-Mile 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport?

I unfortunately have not been in a roadster before. People say it is super low and firm to the point of being uncomfortable. If you are in Pasadena/Dan Gabriel Valley area of LA I'd love to check out yours!

While I think I know a lot about Tesla but I know nothing re Roadster. Anything I should be concerned with 642 aka 4k-Mile 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport?

I unfortunately have not been in a roadster before. People say it is super low and firm to the point of being uncomfortable. If you are in Pasadena/Dan Gabriel Valley area of LA I'd love to check out yours!

I'm a new owner who also had never been in my roadster until I picked it up in Dallas and drove it to Austin. Mine is a little lower mileage 2010 model.

It is very low and firm, as most of these type sports cars. It's smaller than expected if you haven't been in one yet. Can't say it's uncomfortable, though, had no problem driving it for 4 hours with a couple stops for charging. Can be tricky getting into and out of due to it being so low...just have to find a method you are comfortable with entering/exiting the roadster.

It's NOTHING like the later Tesla cars. But, it is the one I fell in love with 6-7 years ago. You don't get all the bells and whistles of the later models.

As long as you go into the ownership of a roadster without expectations of it being a new car, and that something expensive may fail, you'll probably have years of enjoyment. It's a beautiful car and it's fun to drive, along with being a HUGE conversation starter. There just aren't many around, although in CA, might be more than in some other areas.

People say it is super low and firm to the point of being uncomfortable.
Yes, super low. Comfort is subjective depending on your stature and flexibility.

If you are in Pasadena/Dan Gabriel Valley area of LA I'd love to check out yours!
Another SGV Roadster would be a welcome sight! I have some time this weekend so just PM me if you're interested in seeing one in person.

Hi folks: Brand new visitor to the Roadster forum!

I am a fortunate owner of S 75, X 100D and a 3LR RWD and thinking about getting another Tesla!

If you don't find someone closer, you're welcome to check out and test drive my Roadster. I'm in Laguna Beach. If interested, let me know.

Yes, super low. Comfort is subjective depending on your stature and flexibility.

Another SGV Roadster would be a welcome sight! I have some time this weekend so just PM me if you're interested in seeing one in person.

I see this one on sale on eBay... it says 1.5 to a 3.0 upgrades.... and all I find online was 3.0 upgrades for 2.X only. Any idea if this is legit?

2008 Tesla Roadster | eBay

I’m the seller of 000413 if you have any questions.

It’s a 1.5 upgraded to a 3.0 in late 2016. I’m guessing the owners on this forum played some role in convincing Tesla to engineer a 3.0 upgrade for 1.5 Roadsters after the initial launch :)

I don’t think Tesla advertised a power upgrade as part of the upgrade but by the seat of my pants it feels a little quicker than other Roadsters I’ve driven without the 3.0 battery (especially at highway speeds).

This could be a separate thread but I just wanted to say publicly how amazing @Roadster has been. We met up Saturday afternoon at my place for what I thought would be a short chat, in person lookie-loo, and may be a drive around the block. Instead I felt I got a massive download of knowledge, history, what to look for, listings review but also hands on time on local streets, hills and the highway. I love it!

So tempted to pull the trigger on the one at BAT or @laika7 but may have to put the purchase on hold as going out of town for extended period. Looking forward to learn more about the Roadster from this community.

Just paying it fwd @PlayaVista ;) Many of us where once in your shoes and leaned on the TMC Roadster community for guidance as well, In my case...
  • @Carl W gave me my first seat time behind the wheel of his Roadster
  • @RobsJester opened my eyes to Elon's master plan
  • @DeedWest provided the knowledge to help me truly understand these cars
If you end up acquiring one yourself someday, there will inevitably be someone else after you who'll benefit from your experiences.

Thank you for the info... Does it mean that the power is upgraded to 288 HP and 295 ft-lbs for torque?
I am unsure of the numbers but the 3.0 is faster. I have taken mine to a local track a few times. When new it ran the quarter in 13.1 and 101 mph exit. After 8 year s on the battery it dropped to 13,3 and 99 mph. After the 3.0 I ran 13.0 and 105 mph.

• Informative
Reactions: Roadster
2008 Tesla Roadster
VIN:
#234 (US)
Mileage: 15,270
Price: $43,500 USD
Radiant Red 1.5 for sale in Whidbey Island, WA. Silver forged rims, soft top (needs repair) with bag, body color hard top w/bag, infotainment pkg, CAN-JR, HPC.

00W0W_fh8U5iyutZ4_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• 00u0u_anJr9vjw3ya_1200x900.jpg
    00u0u_anJr9vjw3ya_1200x900.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 00F0F_i1mBadK73r_1200x900.jpg
    00F0F_i1mBadK73r_1200x900.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 00N0N_4U6AnCf2toa_1200x900.jpg
    00N0N_4U6AnCf2toa_1200x900.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 00V0V_bCfqpqVe3xl_1200x900.jpg