Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tons of error codes! Bms_f151 Bms_f071 Gtw_w018 Di_u014 Bms_w151 Gtw_w157

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it got replace a couple of months ago by tesla mobile service.
Today just finished taking the drive unit out and noticed it had moist in the inverter. Dried it out and put it back on it. Got new codes and still won’t take charge.

Attachments

• A46F9ADC-5D87-46BE-BE2A-7C5E2E8C2A86.jpeg
    A46F9ADC-5D87-46BE-BE2A-7C5E2E8C2A86.jpeg
    501.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 5E7DB236-7E0D-427C-B2DA-0358E4466C84.jpeg
    5E7DB236-7E0D-427C-B2DA-0358E4466C84.jpeg
    606.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DDC09048-F787-469E-9EB5-70200AA18C81.jpeg
    DDC09048-F787-469E-9EB5-70200AA18C81.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 275
I find it a little confusing that you can take out and disassemble your own drive unit, but you had mobile service replace your 12v? 🤔
When tesla service wants to charge you 10k to replace your drive unit. You’ll learn quick how to do this stuff. And get confident that you can do it . After watching you tube videos for almost 2 month straight under Utah snow ⛄

Where'd the CV stub come from in the one pic? That's usually how I get them if say, a wheel had been ripped off on a salvage and ripped the axle apart... not out of a normal undamaged car. 🤔

• Informative
Reactions: blodg1
Today just finished taking the drive unit out and noticed it had moist in the inverter. Dried it out and put it back on it. Got new codes and still won’t take charge.
Bms_f027 needs reset with t-daig or toolbox 3. Won’t work till that code is manually cleared from the bms. This thread has a video on it.

Where'd the CV stub come from in the one pic? That's usually how I get them if say, a wheel had been ripped off on a salvage and ripped the axle apart... not out of a normal undamaged car. 🤔
Bms_f027 needs reset with t-daig or toolbox 3. Won’t work till that code is manually cleared from the bms. This thread has a video on it.

Thank you for the information. I being watching videos about the charging port issue and apparently the computer turns off the charging port for safety after you remove the onboard charger or any mayor component. Assuming it got damaged . And the only way to clear is with the toolbox 3 access for $500 for one month or $3000 a year, a diagnostic cable you can buy on ebay for around $80 and a computer 😰. Or pay tesla service about $400 and towing fees.

Attachments

• 5A4BC657-03FE-4B13-AE41-1B9622A621FA.jpeg
    5A4BC657-03FE-4B13-AE41-1B9622A621FA.jpeg
    538.9 KB · Views: 227
Both side came of the same way just loosen the bolts on the upper control arms and as they drop down just give a hard pull and they pop out.

Attachments

• 0F981527-36DD-453C-B290-56E7603D71F1.jpeg
    0F981527-36DD-453C-B290-56E7603D71F1.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 217
Hey Guys !!
I did start another thread here but looks like my situation with the errors is quite close to some of yours

Any help advice would be appreciated....
Tesla1.jpg

Tesla2.jpg

Well its mine turn now . Same Codes as thread starter . Comes an goes . Started with a warning to replace 12v battery couple months ago . Finally it would’t start , so bought an new 12v from Tesla . After that drove for a couple of days and all those fault Codes appeared and could not drive . Had Tesla diagnose it , and offcourse the fault was gone ,so they could’t pinpoint They recomended changing the DCDC converter . Old one (Dec 13 P85) is no longer in production ,so they wanted to modify to new version at an cost of $7200. They found out that my HV battery is fine atleast . After reading lots of comment all over i have now replaced the DCDC from an scrapyard with no luck . Replaced PTC heater and battery heater , No luck . AC Compressor next when i get hold of one . Grounding terminals looks fine and is tight . So im running out of options here . Any other advice or something i should try out . What im noticing is that there are some contactors going now an then Even with the car shut down . Also some sirculation pumps runs from time to time . It seem that the car is not shut down completely .
My car is an 13 Model S P85 with 210000 miles on it with original battery .
Regards
Terje Stensrud
Norway

Well its mine turn now . Same Codes as thread starter . Comes an goes . Started with a warning to replace 12v battery couple months ago . Finally it would’t start , so bought an new 12v from Tesla . After that drove for a couple of days and all those fault Codes appeared and could not drive . Had Tesla diagnose it , and offcourse the fault was gone ,so they could’t pinpoint They recomended changing the DCDC converter . Old one (Dec 13 P85) is no longer in production ,so they wanted to modify to new version at an cost of $7200. They found out that my HV battery is fine atleast . After reading lots of comment all over i have now replaced the DCDC from an scrapyard with no luck . Replaced PTC heater and battery heater , No luck . AC Compressor next when i get hold of one . Grounding terminals looks fine and is tight . So im running out of options here . Any other advice or something i should try out . What im noticing is that there are some contactors going now an then Even with the car shut down . Also some sirculation pumps runs from time to time . It seem that the car is not shut down completely .
My car is an 13 Model S P85 with 210000 miles on it with original battery .
Regards
Terje Stensrud
Norway
Lucky you at 210000 — car is probably written off twice

Have you tried the rapid splitter from battery to rear motor/dc/dc connector. My 17 MX had the issue and seemed like there was a lot of arching. Got a new one off eBay and solved my issue. You’re an older model so might be the same as mine. I’m have to drop the rear subframe to get to it .