Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tons of error codes! Bms_f151 Bms_f071 Gtw_w018 Di_u014 Bms_w151 Gtw_w157

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now it's my turn. Last week my car was acting a little strange -- like the rear hatch would unlatch but not lift open, but it otherwise drove perfectly and I had no errors or warnings.

Then yesterday I go out to the car and the car is dead. The door handles started to extend, but then it totally died. I had to crawl into the back hatch to open the doors. Luckily I could still pop the frunk in this "dead" state.

No problem,I thought, I replace the 12v battery from Tesla, and it starts up and now I'm getting all these BMW codes.

When the car started up today after putting in the battery, the HV battery still read about 190 miles (I had just charged it to 80% a few days earlier.). But then after the errors it says "shutting down" and goes dark.

I pulled the fire loop and disconnected the 12v again, let it rest for 5 minutes and reconnected and all the same errors.

Where's this corroded or loose ground point people are talking about? I already have the full frunk disassembled.

@wk057 upgraded me to a 100kWh battery for me a few years ago. I'm trembling that this might be a problem with the actual battery. I'm reading some Redditt threads that talk about water ingress into the HV battery, but this battery (I believe) is from 2016 which should have better waterproofing. Fingers crossed it's something less costly to fix.

1692465847866.png

Last edited:
So my car is immovable -- I can not drive it to the SC.

Can Mobile service come and do a full BMS, DC/DC, and PTR heater diagnostic on the car so at least we can pinpoint the problem? Or do I need to have it towed there?
I had mine towed there since mobile service didn’t see the point coming.
If the car doesn’t get into Netrual or into Toe mode then you will have to toe using a dolly setup( which is what I did)

Good luck!

And now it's my turn. Last week my car was acting a little strange -- like the rear hatch would unlatch but not lift open, but it otherwise drove perfectly and I had no errors or warnings.

Then yesterday I go out to the car and the car is dead. The door handles started to extend, but then it totally died. I had to crawl into the back hatch to open the doors. Luckily I could still pop the frunk in this "dead" state.

No problem,I thought, I replace the 12v battery from Tesla, and it starts up and now I'm getting all these BMW codes.

When the car started up today after putting in the battery, the HV battery still read about 190 miles (I had just charged it to 80% a few days earlier.). But then after the errors it says "shutting down" and goes dark.

I pulled the fire loop and disconnected the 12v again, let it rest for 5 minutes and reconnected and all the same errors.

Where's this corroded or loose ground point people are talking about? I already have the full frunk disassembled.

@wk057 upgraded me to a 100kWh battery for me a few years ago. I'm trembling that this might be a problem with the actual battery. I'm reading some Redditt threads that talk about water ingress into the HV battery, but this battery (I believe) is from 2016 which should have better waterproofing. Fingers crossed it's something less costly to fix.

View attachment 966543
I believe when I got f_150 it was either the prv heater or ac.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Depending on your mechanic skill. They can be easy to fix for under $500 for one if not both. I believe they make dummy plugs to test and make sure what component is keeping the hvil from working properly.

I sure hope so! That sounds great. I'm taking it to Milford, CT where I've had great experiences in the past with their service dept. Fingers crossed. I hope to get it towed there tomorrow.

Tried to replace 12 v batt, PTC,Batt heater,DCDC converter,AC Compressor , and batt voltage sensor(12v) checked Several grounding points . Now its even Worse . Before ,i could charge up the 12v fully , Connect and fault vas gone du to normal voltage . Now i will get fault the second i Connect . Somebody mentioned E-fuse might be tripped . Anyone know where it is located ? Tried to search the net But couldn’t find any info .

Might add that i have tried used part from my brother in law that runs one of the biggest scrapyard in Norway 😅. Otherwise it would have been broke by now . But its just an matter of time before i give up on this

Tried to replace 12 v batt, PTC,Batt heater,DCDC converter,AC Compressor , and batt voltage sensor(12v) checked Several grounding points . Now its even Worse . Before ,i could charge up the 12v fully , Connect and fault vas gone du to normal voltage . Now i will get fault the second i Connect . Somebody mentioned E-fuse might be tripped . Anyone know where it is located ? Tried to search the net But couldn’t find any info .

There's a fuse on top of 12v battery.
Checking all the fuses that protect electrical components with a multimeter could help.