Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery of my fully loaded model S 75d with 21k discount!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here a print screen I took a while back

Attachments

• D2D4A4CF-E93B-4190-849B-C78B956542B9.png
    D2D4A4CF-E93B-4190-849B-C78B956542B9.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 175
Here a print screen I took a while back
While the $21,600 discount looks huge, if you compare this car to custom ordering a new S75D today, you have to consider

- Smart air suspension is now included (-$2500)
- The Premium Upgrades Package now includes Cold Weather and Premium Sound at a total cost of $5000 (-$2500)
- Tesla allows a $1000/month discount for showroom cars (-$6000)

While the $21,600 discount looks huge, if you compare this car to custom ordering a new S75D today, you have to consider

- Smart air suspension is now included (-$2500)
- The Premium Upgrades Package now includes Cold Weather and Premium Sound at a total cost of $5000 (-$2500)
- Tesla allows a $1000/month discount for showroom cars (-$6000)

If you are planning to buy the car cash it makes sense but if you are planning on lease the car then makes a huge different in payment. I made the same argument to my OA yet he proofed me wrong.
The same car custom ordered yields a payment of $1200 a month lease whiles this one with the discounts yields $700 a month. I’m no expert but the way the lease works makes a huge difference.

If you are planning to buy the car cash it makes sense but if you are planning on lease the car then makes a huge different in payment. I made the same argument to my OA yet he proofed me wrong.
The same car custom ordered yields a payment of $1200 a month lease whiles this one with the discounts yields $700 a month. I’m no expert but the way the lease works makes a huge difference.
The difference between lease and purchase economics may be due to some special lease financing that they have put in place to clear out the inventory cars this quarter. That is likely to not apply if you ordered a car today and took delivery in November.

The difference between lease and purchase economics may be due to some special lease financing that they have put in place to clear out the inventory cars this quarter. That is likely to not apply if you ordered a car today and took delivery in November.

Either way I benefit from it and the payment is almost half when comparing both options, point is if you have a good OA you can find these deals and benefit from it

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
Quarter end showroom cars are the way to go. I leased my Model S 75D at the end of this quarter last year (2016). It was also a showroom car with 100 miles. Fully loaded including sunroof: $6000 down plus first month, taxes and fees (totaling $8500) and $637 a month including CA sales tax. 24 month lease and 10k miles per year. I missed one that was even less!

Quarter end showroom cars are the way to go. I leased my Model S 75D at the end of this quarter last year (2016). It was also a showroom car with 100 miles. Fully loaded including sunroof: $6000 down plus first month, taxes and fees (totaling $8500) and $637 a month including CA sales tax. 24 month lease and 10k miles per year. I missed one that was even less!
I remember those 24 month leases. They only offered them for one quarter. Great deal!

At $79,600, the car is only roughly $5000 cheaper than a brand-new custom order S75D with all the options ($84,500). The OP did get a good deal, but that $21k figure is misleading since Tesla lowered the price of the 75 between the time this particular vehicle was first built plus added a lot of previously optional features as standard.

Reactions: AvengerBB
The advantage herein Leasing with a large discount is the capital cost reduction while the residual value is still based on the original msrp.

Essentially Tesla's discount became a large downpayment in addition to the added 8k put down.

Since the residual is still .48 of the original msrp of 101k after 3yrs, the payments are now based on the difference between the actual purchase price (101k less 18k or 83k) as well as the added 8k from the buyer...essentially making this a 26k downpayment :)

There's your lease payment!

• Informative
Reactions: dragoljub