TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Took my Model S to the Gas Station yesterday...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scaesare, Jun 1, 2013.

1. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Found a nice tree to park under while at work, so of course when I went out in the afternoon to run an errand a bird had nailed the windshield.

So on my way to the errand, I pulled in at a gas station... up to an empty pump. Jumped out and grabbed the squeegie and some towels and cleaned up. I glanced over at the mini mart and at least one person was watching... I wonder if they were expecting me to fill up, lol.

To complete the irony, the overhead canopy speakers had the radio going, and in between songs a news brief came on and, I kid you not, the top story was Tesla's announcement of expanding the supercharger network. I chuckled to myself, jumped in and zipped off...

It was a pretty cool experience.

2. smartypnz

smartypnz Member

Ahhh you've gotta do the one where you walk inside - look around -and say "What is this place !!! ??? "

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I hear you! I took my S to the gas station to get a wash, and it felt pretty weird pulling up in an electric car!

4. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

Hell I felt weird using a gas station to pull a U-turn after I missed a turn into a restaurant today.

5. Odenator

Odenator P2607

image.jpg

Sometimes you have to just stop and reminisce. :cool:

6. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

Went there to fill up ethanol free gas can for my jet ski. Guy there amazed at the car didn't seem to believe me that it didn't need gas in the s lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Last week I stopped at a local gas station with my Model S, swiped my credit card, pulled out the hose, and pumped it into a red gas can.

For my lawnmower.

8. penpen

penpen Member

In Japan, there are a few gas stations that have supercharges, but still a weird feeling when entering and have all the stuff guiding me to the gas pump ;)
    eneos_machida.JPG

9. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

Very cool...but Superchargers... or just chargers?

10. alset

alset Member

11. eMileage

eMileage Member

12. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I did the same. For my power washer!

13. Zextraterrestrial

Will do, I like it. ask what the hell the smell is outside and what all those fire hose are for?

14. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I have an electric LawnBott, which cuts the grass completely automatically. Does a beautiful job! Unfortunately clever teamwork by grubs, skunks, and crows has completely shredded a good chunk of my back yard. :cursing: The automatic mower simply falls into the hole and gets stuck. So right now I can't use it. :crying:

Yeah, I tried one of those. It would last for about 1/8th of my lawn before requiring an overnight recharge. I had really bought it for hand-trimming small areas that the robot couldn't easily get to. But it also did a horrible job, leaving a line of uncut grass where the wheels rolled over it. It didn't have enough power to suck the grass back up and cut it. I gave it to a coworker who has a tiny lawn.

Given the size of my lawn I don't think there is a good electric option right now - other than the LawnBott, which automatically recharges itself and heads out over and over again until it can't find any more long grass. And right now I can't use it.

So for the moment I'm stuck using the old-fashioned gas mower. (It too gets stuck occasionally as I try to maneuver around that awful mess!)

15. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I was on my way to a business meeting the other day, and passed a dilapidated old decommissioned gas station. As I went by, I thought it would make a great backdrop for a photo of my car, but it was raining, my car was dirty and I was late for the meeting. Maybe next time.

16. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

17. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Out here you just gotta keep on luvin' the Convenience Stores. Where else to scrub windshield with that sudsy bug cutter fluid, use rest rooms, get coffee - all @ 2am.
    --

18. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

You really should buy something if you're going to use their services. :D

19. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

We use the Redbox at the gas station and yes it still feels weird going there in an EV. Almost like Q at Farpoint station if you get my drift

20. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Free coffee where you are??

Ok, Rice Krispies bars, gallon jug of milk (competitively priced!), Joey's Lemon Cakes, Nemo's Carrot Cake - 'bout all you can juggle & still open the door on your way out.
    --