Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took my Model S to the Gas Station yesterday...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Found a nice tree to park under while at work, so of course when I went out in the afternoon to run an errand a bird had nailed the windshield.

So on my way to the errand, I pulled in at a gas station... up to an empty pump. Jumped out and grabbed the squeegie and some towels and cleaned up. I glanced over at the mini mart and at least one person was watching... I wonder if they were expecting me to fill up, lol.

To complete the irony, the overhead canopy speakers had the radio going, and in between songs a news brief came on and, I kid you not, the top story was Tesla's announcement of expanding the supercharger network. I chuckled to myself, jumped in and zipped off...

It was a pretty cool experience.

image.jpg

Sometimes you have to just stop and reminisce. :cool:

@Doug_g: :eek: No electric lawn mower? :wink:

I have an electric LawnBott, which cuts the grass completely automatically. Does a beautiful job! Unfortunately clever teamwork by grubs, skunks, and crows has completely shredded a good chunk of my back yard. :cursing: The automatic mower simply falls into the hole and gets stuck. So right now I can't use it. :crying:

My old Black and Decker 24v cordless mower is still working well for my relatively small lawn.

Yeah, I tried one of those. It would last for about 1/8th of my lawn before requiring an overnight recharge. I had really bought it for hand-trimming small areas that the robot couldn't easily get to. But it also did a horrible job, leaving a line of uncut grass where the wheels rolled over it. It didn't have enough power to suck the grass back up and cut it. I gave it to a coworker who has a tiny lawn.

Given the size of my lawn I don't think there is a good electric option right now - other than the LawnBott, which automatically recharges itself and heads out over and over again until it can't find any more long grass. And right now I can't use it.

So for the moment I'm stuck using the old-fashioned gas mower. (It too gets stuck occasionally as I try to maneuver around that awful mess!)

I was on my way to a business meeting the other day, and passed a dilapidated old decommissioned gas station. As I went by, I thought it would make a great backdrop for a photo of my car, but it was raining, my car was dirty and I was late for the meeting. Maybe next time.