Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total loss 22 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can offer you what ever they want
Perfect example friend of mine received $67k offer new MYP 8k miles
He went in there they said sorry we can't offer this anymore new offer was $56k

Yes until you go in physical try to sell it they will always give you high offer
I remember reading a post saying he/she was offered $58k for his MYP with less than 1000 miles on it. (please correct me if I am wrong).

Reactions: saj070
They can offer you what ever they want
Perfect example friend of mine received $67k offer new MYP 8k miles
He went in there they said sorry we can't offer this anymore new offer was $56k

Yes until you go in physical try to sell it they will always give you high offer
Maybe now, yes. But last year I flipped two model 3P’s on Carvana and made enough to pay off my personal ‘21 Model Y. Made me happy.
Now Tesla won’t let you flip vehicles this way anyhow, so the Carvana route is a moot point. Last year was different. I didn’t take them up on their $16k over (pure profit for me) deal because my accountant told me to stop doing the flips to avoid an IRS issue come tax time. In my state I could only flip a limited number of cars without a broker/dealer license.

Last year was most definitely not a normal year when it came to the car market - I most definitely would not assume things to continue holding in even a similar fashion.

As for how much you can get today, historically, companies that buy used cars (including car dealers) are known for quoting an overoptimistic price with an asterisk then quoting you something completely different when the time comes to close the deal. The only thing that matters is how much the check is made out for when you walk out the door.

Regardless, if the market is normalizing it's a good thing - it means supply is catching up with demand and that means lower prices for everyone.

I was getting nervous because I ran the Carvana price last night and it came back $54,900. I then received a payout number on the car from insurance this evening and it’s $70,450. Pleasantly surprised it was that amount. Now with that being said, I still couldn’t buy a new MYP out the door for that price. Just checked and my car optioned the same would be right under 75k. I would then get the windows tinted and aftermarket mats so a little more expense added to it. I haven’t settled yet and will continue researching my best approach from here. Thanks to all who have given advice.

Reactions: voxel
I just went through a total loss on my 6mo old MYP. My insurance (Connect) paid very close to the cost of a new replacement and also covered 100% of my PPF/ceramic/tints. Highly recommend insuring those extras as an amendatory endorsement.

These settlements are absolutely negotiable so do your research and back up all arguments with real data and they will take care of you. Glad you are ok as that is what really matters.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
just handed me an envelope with the cash in it and drove off

AAAABR31t6M54N-GaLffoGDk-mgrEij5MSZnniZ50Y9VQouJG_VNtT4BxJKGAram5rgH5uU8ah5y7AwOmCbdptFAmaO9JodSN7ebsHZm6jFhB1_fhHkT7Eqn7AXC.jpg

Used Tesla prices are tanking now. OP might not be that successful in terms of how much OP can get from the insurance.
uh, sounds like you think insurance adjusters will value his car based on used car prices in the same condition, but according to the wife that did this for 35 years says that is not how it works. And yes, in ANY state, the person that rear-ends you are almost always at fault with some exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: sleepydoc
I just went through a total loss on my 6mo old MYP. My insurance (Connect) paid very close to the cost of a new replacement and also covered 100% of my PPF/ceramic/tints. Highly recommend insuring those extras as an amendatory endorsement.

These settlements are absolutely negotiable so do your research and back up all arguments with real data and they will take care of you. Glad you are ok as that is what really matters.
Would you recommend Connect? (you go through Costco with that I assume?) Looking into it, sounds pretty solid if they were able to take care of you like this...