TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tow Hitch Waiting Room

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VanillaAir_UK, Jul 30, 2019.

1. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

I regret not having tow on our existing car - I thought about it at time of order but iirc it was an eye watering amount of money - more than Tesla. I never had anything to tow at the time, but on quite a few occasions since, having the ability to tow would have been really useful. I currently have a requirement for my e-bike (definitely not going on the glass roof even though it would be less of a straight life than I do at the moment) but I am sure, over the years, we will find many more uses.

2. pdk42

pdk42 Member

Thanks so much for posting this. Extremely helpful. How is stability when towing a glider trailer?

I guess from your user name that you've got a Ventus 2cM. Mine's an LS8t - which I bought only last year from a pilot at Emmelord. Safe landings to you too!

• Like x 1
  3. pacman65

pacman65 Member

Newbie to the forum, so evening all.
    I'm told my SR+ with towbar will be 2-9th September at West Drayton.
    We have a 8x10 foot Ifor Williams trailer that should look nicely out of place behind a Tesla ( was bought to go with our previous Land Rover)

Tesla phoned and asked if I would be on holiday.
    I said not, but my wife would find it hard to come as well in term time, and happily they said weekends or up to 10PM was possible, so I must have got one of the helpful staff.

I''l do towbar photos here if it's not flooded with unicorns by then.

• Like x 1
  4. rubberfish

rubberfish Member

Hey Pac-Man, can I ask when did you order?

5. pacman65

pacman65 Member

Sure, Reserved June 2018 , Ordered 23th July.
    I must have got lucky on delivery. Now chasing getting a home charge point fitted.

• Informative x 1
  6. PB.Brown

PB.Brown Member

23rd July...........that has beaten most of the Tow Bars recorded on the spreadsheet.
    Ordered the day after pacman65 so may have to think about getting the finance sorted

7. interbear

interbear Member

Shame re timing but you’ve made a good choice. The Atera Strada is excellent, especially the way it allows access to the boot (should we say trunk now? :)).

• Like x 1
  8. rubberfish

rubberfish Member

That bodes well for the rest of us tow bar peeps

9. jimmymc

jimmymc Member

I just got off the phone with Tesla - I actually called to find out how to trade-in my car post-order (easy as it happens- Trade-in Value | Tesla).. but I did of course ask what the score was with delivery and that my config seems to have put me at the bottom of the pile (LR, 19" as well as tow-hitch). Pinch of salt of course, but she expected the tow-hitches (along with LR/19" I assume) to be on the second ship to leave SFO from now. Meh.. whatever.. soon be Christmas.

• Informative x 1
  10. VanillaAir_UK

So not Cosmos but one or two after?

11. Fullerene

Fullerene Member

Having one of those dark moments on the rollercoaster ride seeing a lot of comments from people getting "delivery" dates. It would have been helpful if Tesla had put a little comment on the Tow Hitch option to explain it would cause me to get chronic car envy due to the wait. I would have likely ditched the hitch, nice to have but not essential, saving 1K and more agony. Nice to see more orders getting fulfilled and really pleased to see:

:)

I'll go back to pressing F5 & the shipping forecast.

• Funny x 1
  12. PB.Brown

PB.Brown Member

All quiet on the tow bar front!

13. davidmc

davidmc Member

That a new option?

14. Fullerene

Fullerene Member

just the tumbleweed going by

15. Avendit

Avendit Member

have any towbar orders even had a delivery window yet? Last I had from Tesla was the generic 'deliveries will continue' text :(.

16. Kitster

Kitster Member

I'm the same..no new Comms, no vin on source code ... still waiting

17. VanillaAir_UK

Didn't someone say something about some SR+'s getting vins or was that unconfirmed?

Still not sure what the earliest boat these may be on - iirc @RjbT3 mentioned something about 2 boats mentioned in a phone call but not sure what point in time that was boat wise.

18. PB.Brown

PB.Brown Member

It was me, the Model 3 group on Facebook have been reporting receiving delivery windows throughout September. Mostly SR+ but a couple of LR AWD as well. Just wondered if any on this forum had received anything

• Like x 1
  19. Adopado

Adopado Member

I have a VIN and delivery date (that's just been pushed back from 6th to 16th September) for a SR+ with tow bar.

• Like x 1
  20. PB.Brown

PB.Brown Member

When did you order?