Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow package psych

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local SC got back to me and order the hardware. However, it on backorder and they could not give me an estimate on how long parts will take to install. They did say they would send a Ranger to me since I’m 350 miles from nearest SC. I will let everyone know when I receive parts.

I would recommend anyone w/o parts that should have tow package go ahead and contact Tesla so you get the ball rolling as I could see these backordered parts taking some time to arrive.

would also blame Tesla - as the galvanic corrosion will only happen if both the car and the hitch are not properly painted. The hitch alone does not create this issue, it requires two failures to create the corrosion, one by the hitch manufacturer and one by Tesla. True?

Are you kidding, or are you serious?

You want to assign some blame to Tesla because an aftermarket product is poorly engineered/designed?

Huh?

On what planet do you reside?

I got my car in Nov 2017 (Aug 2017 build) and it didn't have the tow hitch so it's on the due bill. I've been waiting since then but hopefully the parts come in soon.

It was a bit of a pain for me because I picked up the car in CA although I live in WA and drove the car up from CA. I had planned to move my bicycles as part of the move but since there was no tow hitch I couldn't move my bikes up.

I'm planning to drive down to CA again in April so I'm hoping that I can have a tow hitch installed by then.

I got my car in Nov 2017 (Aug 2017 build) and it didn't have the tow hitch so it's on the due bill. I've been waiting since then but hopefully the parts come in soon.

It was a bit of a pain for me because I picked up the car in CA although I live in WA and drove the car up from CA. I had planned to move my bicycles as part of the move but since there was no tow hitch I couldn't move my bikes up.

I'm planning to drive down to CA again in April so I'm hoping that I can have a tow hitch installed by then.

Since there aren’t any dealers and the stores are owned by Tesla. Can’t you get it installed in WA?

• Helpful
Reactions: brd7
Interestingly enough, I had a problem show up in my seats so I took the car to the service center here in Bellevue, WA.

They said that the tow package parts are here so they installed the tow hitch for me.

Literally the next morning I left for my trip to CA but didn't have enough time to test out the bike rack, etc.

I was always planning to get it installed in WA, not CA but I moved to WA from CA and have bikes in CA that I'd like to bring up so I wanted to have it ready for this trip so that I can bring bikes up to WA.

Sorry I know this is a slightly older thread but wanted to see if anyone has taken delivery within the past few months with the tow hitch included with their X or if they're still back ordered. I'm supposed to get my car early next month right before a few biking trips and was hoping to use a hitch mounted bike rack.

Sorry I know this is a slightly older thread but wanted to see if anyone has taken delivery within the past few months with the tow hitch included with their X or if they're still back ordered. I'm supposed to get my car early next month right before a few biking trips and was hoping to use a hitch mounted bike rack.

I got my UK spec MX in Feb and all the towing hardware was included. So I think you should be okay and the MX is a great vehicle for hauling bikes!

Reactions: Joelhc
Thanks for the update Peteski! Definitely looking forward to some mountain biking, I'll leave the MX on the pavement though.

You'll love it!

IMG_4525.jpg

Reactions: Joelhc
View attachment 345808 Hello... I’m new to Tesla and wanted to know what the dashed yellow indicates in my energy meter
Not that this is the thread for it, but the yellow indicates that you cannot develop full regenerative braking power at this time. There are 2 possible reasons for this: (1) your battery is too full to accept this much additional charging power, or (2) your battery is too cold to accept this much charging power. Either way, no big deal, nothing much to be done and it will fix itself over time if you drive for awhile.