Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS for 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t understand why those need to be programmed. It seems a lot of other people are getting by without programming. Are these considered Gen 1 then?
They can be made/programmed to be Gen 1 or Gen 2 depending on what system is in the Tesla you want to put them in. They can also be programmed for other vehicles, so getting the specifics beyond just the frequency is where the need to program them to a specific vehicle comes in. The first part of that post I linked has another link that gives more details:

Found Least Expensive Compatible TPMS Sensors - $25.50/ea

:)

I recently had a TPMS system fault warning. Intermittent at first ,then erratic. Ultimately, LR sensor stopped sending data. Have two acquaintances that work at a local COSTCO and both drive Teslas. They were skeptical that their aftermarket sensor would work. But I did some research and decided to press ahead and have them replace my malfunctioning sensor. It works just fine and the part and installation cost was much lower than the price of just the transmitter through Tesla ($62 at COSTCO).

PS I have a 2016 90D.

Hi fellow TESLA owners.
Just took delivery of my 2017 Model S 75D
I need to order some TPMS sensors for my winter rims.
Tesla quoted $145 each.
Does anyone know of any after market or other sensors that are more reasonably priced that would work?
Much appreciated

Costco. Each sensor about $62 USD installed. Just had one installed on my 2016 90D.