Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
actually i have decided not to get a 3, until they sort this out..

Wait, you're "shouting" without actually having bought the P at all???? I can sort of get the people that ordered and took delivery sans the upgrade package while knowing about the upcoming Track Mode, but this? Yeah, this I'm not having much sympathy for at all. :/

I just can't see paying $5000 for the 20 inch trailer park wheels (which I have to replace at a cost of ~$4k), spoiler and metal pedals. The only thing of value to me is the larger diameter front brakes. 10mm of drop for what??? this is just another Walmart ricer move.

If you are going to do a + package do a real one, like what the P85+ came with... really don't get the product managers intent.

I am getting too old for the Carnival Barker stuff - just give me what I want - or i vote with my dollars elsewhere...

Last edited:
Wait, you're "shouting" without actually having bought the P at all???? I can sort of get the people that ordered and took delivery sans the upgrade package while knowing about the upcoming Track Mode, but this? Yeah, this I'm not having much sympathy for at all. :/
You haven't seen me shout... I don't need your sympathy either.. I was interested in the P3D- now I'm thinking of just sticking with the Model S... this is a cluster F..

Last edited:
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
The rear brakes are the same on the complete Tesla line..

No they aren't. If they were you would be able to put the 18" Aero wheels on the rear and you can't.

Just look at the specs for the Model 3:

Model 3 Brake Specs.png

You will notice that the pads are thicker on the performance version, though you can't use all of the extra meat. That certainly eludes to the fact that the caliper is different. (As well as the 18: Aero wheels not fitting over them.)

And while the rotors are the same size, they are two part rotors that are lighter on the P3D+...

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Don't want to derail the brake discussion too much as I'm interested in hearing all the findings. On a side note, this video came out yesterday showing off track mode as simply a "on/off" function rather than a slew of menu options that you can adjust (See 2:35).

This makes me think this mode is really JUST for tracks and not for daily driving where I can adjust the regen settings. It would be disabling some daily safety functions versus allowing me to choose the functions I want (higher regen).

Might not be a huge deal at all at the end.

I still want my spoiler (if someone wants to sell :D) for my P3D- though. It looks sharp to me.

Gives people options to get the software, but from what everyone says here - they are going to throw away Tesla's wheels and tires the movement it leaves the service center? So not 100% sure where the win is other than to give people the option to "retroactively" bring car up to 3P+ status in the future? Track software option would basically cost $5,000.

It's like you've never heard of selling wheels and tires separately from the car.

People with a P3D + or - can sell OEM wheels to people with a RWD or AWD Model 3 for looks or for use as a winter set. There is a ready and willing market for moving those wheels from one owners car to another owners car. No one will throw them away.

If you aren't sure what the point is maybe you should stop posting in this thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
It's like you've never heard of selling wheels and tires separately from the car.

People with a P3D + or - can sell OEM wheels to people with a RWD or AWD Model 3 for looks or for use as a winter set. There is a ready and willing market for moving those wheels from one owners car to another owners car. No one will throw them away.

If you aren't sure what the point is maybe you should stop posting in this thread.

So many flavors and you choose to be salty...

Not everyone has time to sell and ship wheel/tire sets on eBay or shave down their calipers to fit 15’s on their car.

I’m curious if you’re pissed that Tesla makes us buy the premium upgrade package since certainly you’ll be pulling the crap seats from the car for something with more lateral support?

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and MXWing
Don't want to derail the brake discussion too much as I'm interested in hearing all the findings. On a side note, this video came out yesterday showing off track mode as simply a "on/off" function rather than a slew of menu options that you can adjust (See 2:35).

This makes me think this mode is really JUST for tracks and not for daily driving where I can adjust the regen settings. It would be disabling some daily safety functions versus allowing me to choose the functions I want (higher regen).

Might not be a huge deal at all at the end.

I still want my spoiler (if someone wants to sell :D) for my P3D- though. It looks sharp to me.

That's cause it isn't even released yet, he was probably using an alpha version

Well I just returned from Burning Man to this terrible news.

P3D+ are the only ones that get the track mode...what a load of crap.

I went from a very excited buyer to a very upset one. I cannot believe the utter stupidity of this company when it comes to customer service.

I am so mad I don't even want to talk about this further. I'm heavily considering dropping my order back down to AWD. Next thing will be them announcing that only P3D+ will get a ludicrous upgrade.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Sg911
Well I just returned from Burning Man to this terrible news.

P3D+ are the only ones that get the track mode...what a load of crap.

I went from a very excited buyer to a very upset one. I cannot believe the utter stupidity of this company when it comes to customer service.

I am so mad I don't even want to talk about this further. I'm heavily considering dropping my order back down to AWD. Next thing will be them announcing that only P3D+ will get a ludicrous upgrade.
Welcome to my world. If I could tolerate the further delay of the car, I’d likely be doing just that.