Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope I’m wrong but if I find myself on a track more than a handful of times during my ownership of my to be delivered M3P with PUP I will be shocked. Reason I upgraded was for things like this and to have additional capabilities to potentially grow into without making modifications. Also I suspect enhancements to 0-60 times could be limited to this highest trim. No sense in pushing out additional performance updates to models that Tesla can’t confirm has the proper equipment to handle.

Agreed this isn’t a good outcome for people looking to heavily track this car and planned on doing their own mods (i.e., didn’t purchase PUP) with the expectation that any software performance enhancements would hit all performance models. However I suspect the subsection of these users amongst total performance model purchasers is very small.

It’s lowered.

People say it feels better.

Seriously people. Buy the cool stuff package if you want cool stuff.
It's "lowered" by 1 cm. Most people who actually lower cars for track use make it lower a minimum of 1 inch to 1.5 inches.

I would have bought the cool stuff package if it had an option for 18" wheels. This isn't rocket science, it's building cars. Rocket science is over at SpaceX.

I’m actually coming from the other side and regret getting the PUP because of the extensive work required to maximize range on the Model 3P+.

Unless I am tracking it which is a relatively small percentage of driving time, the + package is mostly just rice.

Rice that isn’t even here yet because the spoiler and badge suppliers didn’t buy it when Elon said funding was secured for net 60 terms. ;)

Finding a 18” solution that can cover the BBK and accept the aero covers does not exist to my knowledge.

• Love
Reactions: MarkS22 and P85_DA
So much :mad: in this thread with equal amounts of :rolleyes:.

Folks, this is Tesla. You got what you paid for, and sometimes when you pay a little more, you also get surprised with a little more.
I actually want less than what I paid for, a button to turn off the nannies.
I wasn’t expecting it though so I’m not really upset. I can understand why the people who paid $11k more are upset though.

• Disagree
Reactions: WarpedOne
Its hard for me to justify getting a performance upgrade when I know its an almost permanent loss of miles of range compared to the Aero setup (309 miles vs 269 miles), on top of an already reduced range compared to the RWD.

Regardless, I'm just going to have to eat up the idea that I wont be getting further upgrades in a P3D- or even worse decide to downgrade lol but no...no..lets not go down that path of changing my order again...

It's "lowered" by 1 cm. Most people who actually lower cars for track use make it lower a minimum of 1 inch to 1.5 inches.

I would have bought the cool stuff package if it had an option for 18" wheels. This isn't rocket science, it's building cars. Rocket science is over at SpaceX.

Maybe I should rephrase it to, buy the “Tesla is gonna let me beat up my car” package you want Tesla to let you beat up your car. Even if you upgraded the parts for less than 5k it is still a nightmare to get those parts warrantied. Now the package is done for you and Tesla can be certain you have it/provide features based on it.

Its hard for me to justify getting a performance upgrade when I know its an almost permanent loss of miles of range compared to the Aero setup (309 miles vs 269 miles), on top of an already reduced range compared to the RWD.

Regardless, I'm just going to have to eat up the idea that I wont be getting further upgrades in a P3D- or even worse decide to downgrade lol but no...no..lets not go down that path of changing my order again...

My personal advice for what it’s worth it is to take the P3+ since I was gonna charge you $2000 to buy my spoiler. ;)

You leave yourself maximum flexibility for what Tesla does for the PUP owners in the future.

An after market solution will probably appear to address the range issue.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I’m actually coming from the other side and regret getting the PUP because of the extensive work required to maximize range on the Model 3P+.

Unless I am tracking it which is a relatively small percentage of driving time, the + package is mostly just rice.

Rice that isn’t even here yet because the spoiler and badge suppliers didn’t buy it when Elon said funding was secured for net 60 terms. ;)

Finding a 18” solution that can cover the BBK and accept the aero covers does not exist to my knowledge.

I was trying to find this option too but the best we can do is spend ~$1500 for these rims (which were confirmed to fit over the PUP brake sizes, and get the MXM4's from tire rack for $1100 (OEM acoustic foam etc.).

But we still wouldn't have the aero covers (~5%).

I was trying to find this option too but the best we can do is spend ~$1500 for these rims (which were confirmed to fit over the PUP brake sizes, and get the MXM4's from tire rack for $1100 (OEM acoustic foam etc.).

But we still wouldn't have the aero covers (~5%).

I think someone who wants to be a millionaire is going to bring to market aero type covers that might be even more attractive than Tesla’s that will fit on 19 and 20s.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA and Jedi2155