Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 70962 - The Tesla Factory is building your Model S. It just went into production overnight!

Be forewarned to temper your excitement a bit....my MyTesla status went to In Production on 2/10, and on 2/17 I got an email from my DS that it has just entered early stages of production.

So, yeah, it's getting close, but don't start doing any delivery arithmetic just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Factory delivery of my VIN 70758 on Monday!

Very cool! Was that arranged just now? By phone or email? I'm looking forward to mine soon.

Be forewarned to temper your excitement a bit....my MyTesla status went to In Production on 2/10, and on 2/17 I got an email from my DS that it has just entered early stages of production.

So, yeah, it's getting close, but don't start doing any delivery arithmetic just yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool! Was that arranged just now? By phone or email? I'm looking forward to mine soon.
Went into production on 12 Feb, complete today (19th). Could have picked it up over the weekend but having guests in house so will pick it up on Monday at the factory.
My DS was very good and kept me informed by phone and email regularly. He wouldn't commit to a delivery date until it was finished production so they probably have some leeway built into the schedule for unanticipated delays.

I received an email from DES yesterday confirming that my S85D in fact is in production and may be ready for delivery earlier than the previously estimated time frame of March 13th. My DES indicated he won't be in a position to give me any better timing until the car is in transport to Maryland. That makes sense to me. I am planning to get my first look at an 85D at KennyB-FLL's delivery a week from tomorrow.

My picture was further back and in black and white. The color one is of a P85D that belongs to EatMoarToads on reddit. I posted it since someone was asking if the 85D had a different sized frunk and I wanted to illustrate that there weren't any differences. Not sure if that was clear to you or not but thought I'd make that clear.
No, it wasn't clear to me, I thought it was the same pic. Anyway I see now that you finally have your car, all put together and shiny. Congratulations! Like you I hope not to have to do this again for a long time. I had been sniffing around the X since before I even bought my S but if this process has taught me anything it's that I don't want to be in the first wave. No doubt I will watch these forums closely when the Xs start delivering. I hope Tesla has learned some lessons and does a better job of delivering the Xs.

Mine is "In production" since the 12th of February. The "Late Feb" delivery seems unlikely now...

But I just completed the installation of my HPWC :

HPWC_Install.jpg

I see that some others on the forum are frustrated and I can appreciate that. It looks like my wait time is drawing closer to an end as MyTesla updated today to:
Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Yes!!!

Estimated Delivery remains "March". I am hoping it will be here and ready for delivery in the first few days of the month.

Ahem... Someone's going to great lengths to hide their car's color ;)
Good point. The color is not in Breser's signature and he has yet to publish a picture that is not in black and white.
$100 says it's green.

So as not to derail the firmware thread....
@breser - Just show us the pic of your green 85D, please. ;)

As a result I have confirmed my 85D order, still with green paint.

Last edited: