Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats - glad to see we have the first one in Portland... can't wait to add another AWD model to the local fleet. Hopefully next week, more realistically the week after :)
Here I was thinking that ours would be the first in portand(to be fair we'll be driving it right back over the wa line :) ). You didn't happen to see another blue 85D while you were there? My DS hasn't been the best at keeping in communication when things happen. Tentatively we're looking at Tues due to some business travel I have. Despite switching our order on the day of the event I think we will still miss a Feb date.

Mine still shows as 'in production' with a late feb delivery... Which is kind of impossible right now(2days left in the month... Shipping to east coast).

I did get a package in the mail as a consolidation present : my rear console.

68c02d567eec8d4137559c0472bfb49d.jpg

Now my page shows late March again. I am hoping for a call soon. I'd like to lock in 1.01% financing at EFCU.
I originally ordered an S85 in August, but changed to an S85D in October.
S85D, Grey, Grey, Black headliner, Tech, Pano.
My older brother ordered the same thing but without the D (and I don't think he got Pano); he is on the big island of Hawaii and didn't think he needed AWD like I did in Nebraska. His is in the island, and he should have it March 9 (or so). He ordered much later, but did not face the delay that seems to have happened in getting the S85Ds out the door.

Finally, after being "In Production" status for 18 days, Production Complete! DS had said that it would go into "Final Inspection" about now, which would take 2-5 days. I'm trying to schedule factory pickup next week but so far he has been unable to commit to a date. Maybe he'll contact me today now that status has changed.

Finally, after being "In Production" status for 18 days, Production Complete! DS had said that it would go into "Final Inspection" about now, which would take 2-5 days. I'm trying to schedule factory pickup next week but so far he has been unable to commit to a date. Maybe he'll contact me today now that status has changed.
18 days. :-( wow that sucks (I know some people had it even worse than that, but I thought that was behind us...)
Mine has been in production for the eighth day now... adding the final inspection I can forget about delivery next week :-(

OP here... Production is apparently complete and is being prepared for delivery. It is still a month away... I am not entirely sure what is going on. I may call my DS. I dont think it would take a month for it to be shipped to Chicago. Am I wrong?

I was "In Production" for 20 days before I finished. They sure do seem to be taking their time with the 85D production.

- - - Updated - - -

OP here... Production is apparently complete and is being prepared for delivery. It is still a month away... I am not entirely sure what is going on. I may call my DS. I dont think it would take a month for it to be shipped to Chicago. Am I wrong?

Probably not, my observation is that Tesla has set their estimated delivery to a much more conservative estimate lately. My car said Late February even when it looked like it was going to beat that pretty easily.

Probably not, my observation is that Tesla has set their estimated delivery to a much more conservative estimate lately. My car said Late February even when it looked like it was going to beat that pretty easily.

Well in that case, my "Late Feb" estimate does not make sense at all (Tomorrow is Feb's last day). Still in production. I'm starting to think this dashboard is connected to a manually updated Excel file and they forgot my car or something :scared:

Well in that case, my "Late Feb" estimate does not make sense at all (Tomorrow is Feb's last day). Still in production. I'm starting to think this dashboard is connected to a manually updated Excel file and they forgot my car or something :scared:

I think the estimate is tied to the end of line date (when the car starts production) on the car. They've been doing some strange things with that. My car showed as in production on January 17th but the end of line date (per my DS) stayed at February 9th. It's possible you had an earlier end of line date that didn't get changed and you went into production later than it thus causing your estimate to be early. My presumption was that they'd been leaving those set further out despite being somewhat ahead of them.

Based on what I've seen it seems to me that they've been mucking with the systems around the delivery status. Several people have reported going back into queue when their car was being transported lately. So there's almost certainly more to it than what I've seen.

I was told by my DES that the delivery estimate on the dashboard is actually manually entered by your DES - it's initially populated by the then current default estimate that you see when you click "buy", but then updated.
That was something that caused me some frustration. When I clicked "buy" the design studio showed "late Feb". I confirmed the next day and the dashboard showed "late March". I talked to my DES and since then it shows just "March" - but that's when he told me that this is something he controls...
We have a member who ordered a P85D 10 days after me and took possession two weeks ago... :-(
(and yes, I realize that this is S85D thread and that you all have been waiting much longer than me... sorry)

I was told by my DES that the delivery estimate on the dashboard is actually manually entered by your DES

That would explain a lot. His (DES) guesstimate was for 2nd week of March. From what I can gather, he's completely overwhelmed right now (only one SC in Quebec, Canada.. and only one DES at that SC) so he probably does not have the time to update this. With the D, they probably got a significant increase in order numbers as AWD cars are prefered by most people here.

OK....so today I got the ALL DONE email offering pickup appointments Mon, Tue, Wed, but a pre-planned trip to the area makes Thursday afternoon the best...so only 6 days to go!

For those waiting, this is what the email looks like:

Subject: Your Model S is Complete!

...Your Model S was released from the factory this morning, so we can now schedule your delivery! Please let me know which appointment next week you’d prefer.

Monday: 10am, 3pm
Tuesday: 10am, 11am, 3pm
Wednesday: 10am, 11am, 2pm, 3pm