Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the announcement:
tesla85d.jpg

Also formally announced:
- Heated steering wheel (yeah!)
- Executive rear seats
- Autopilot hardware (we knew that)

Trying really hard to resist the urge to call the DS to see if my car has been put back on the line until Friday. Now working on the 3rd week of "in production." I'm somewhat expecting not to have that happen until next week based on what I've been told so far.

Trying really hard to resist the urge to call the DS to see if my car has been put back on the line until Friday. Now working on the 3rd week of "in production." I'm somewhat expecting not to have that happen until next week based on what I've been told so far.

Several cars to be delivered in Norway started going into production last week and now we are receiving the first reports of changed status to "in transit" in my tesla. (Mine is still "in prod").

My 85D bound for Norway is in production too.
Estimated delivery late March in Drammen.
Congratulations to the Norwegians! First in production but unfortunately long shipping time but should arrive before the end of the quarter.
Norway is a great place. I skied the Birkebeiner race there a few years ago and had a great time (that is, a fun time at the race, not that good of a finishing time).

Heard from my DS today, should be going into production early march with a mid-march delivery.

Nothing other earth-shattering info wise other than that Elon and VPs signed off on the production variant of the S85D around ~2 weeks ago(which apparently didn't happen as early with the P85D).

Congratulations to the Norwegians! First in production but unfortunately long shipping time but should arrive before the end of the quarter.
Norway is a great place. I skied the Birkebeiner race there a few years ago and had a great time (that is, a fun time at the race, not that good of a finishing time).

Thanks mspohr, I'm sure your good vibes did the trick! Mine is now in transit! And sure did you travel a long way to do a bit of skiing! I've done the "Birken" too and my finishing time is not up on any wall. I am actually right now heading out for a bit of skiing before work. I will do my exercise thinking of what we have in store for Easter, jippi!!! Enjoy your Californian Sun!!!

Just a reminder (or maybe the first time hearing this for some) that Tesla does not build vehicles in the order of the serial number included in the VIN. So someone starting production with a later VIN than yours does not imply that yours should have started production. Quite often Tesla adjust sequencing for a variety of reasons, but most noticeably by region to limit inventory across the end of a quarter. US vehicles usually get delivered in the last month of a quarter as a result.

I imagine by now you have created an auto response to provide this answer to any post that implies that the VIN number doesn't dictate build order. :smile:

I imagine by now you have created an auto response to provide this answer to any post that implies that the VIN number doesn't dictate build order. :smile:

I hadn't but that's not a bad idea. :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing other earth-shattering info wise other than that Elon and VPs signed off on the production variant of the S85D around ~2 weeks ago(which apparently didn't happen as early with the P85D).

Maybe this is true but I find it kinda hard to believe given that we saw a 85D with a production VIN (5YJSA1H20EFP68286) that was shown at the Detroit auto-show.

I know this is the car that was shown in Detroit because Green Car Reports gave the sequence numbers for the cars that were there:
The numbers of the three cars clustered quite closely together: 68286, 68288, and 68393.

My car started production on January 17th, depending on how fuzzy people were about the two weeks could have been just after the approval.