Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DES sent me the attached...

788539490-img_2472.jpg
788538724-img_2470.jpg

KennyB-FLL - she is awesome. Have you named her? I have a suggestion that I think could help both of us. I think that I should probably head over there in a few days and test her out for you to make sure that she rides just right. That way there won't be any surprises when you get into town and it will help me to get past this waiting time a lot easier. Don't you think?

- - - Updated - - -

Some pics to satiate those in need:

2015 Tesla Model S 85D - Album on Imgur

Awesome!!!

@Brad
No name yet. I probably need to drive her to get a feel for her personality.
Thanks for your offer...maybe you should take her for a spin and help with her name? Nah, you'll just have to wait for yours ;)!
I asked my DES if they'll be keeping her inside until I come get her. No such luck. He did say they'd do their best to keep her inside as much as possible. Offer is still there for next Saturday. If you're like me, I never turn down a Tesla fix. Getting a fix this Friday, going with a friend to pick up his P85D. His VIN is only 54 away from mine, but is a 2014!

Posted my first impressions over here:
85D First Impressions

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! I've been following this thread so I know it's been a long road for you, and I'm glad you finally took delivery :biggrin:

Picking a random congratulation to respond to but thanks to everyone who said congratulations. It really has been a long journey. I'm glad it's over. Not going to do this again for a long time.

Another happy camper, S85D went In Production today. Proves the adage, .."the only difference between men and boys is the cost of their toys..." OK Girls too.
VIN 70475
Confirmed 10/20/14
VIN date 12/28/14
Hopeful delivery to Cleveland

Red MC, pano, 19inch wheels, tan leather, tech, UHF sound, subzero,

The frunk is the same size on the P85D and the 85D. Other people who saw the frunks on both at the Detroit auto-show have said as much. We've also seen pictures of a P85D without the frunk cover and I don't see any significant differences:

View attachment 72568
Very cool picture - though pretty horrifying if I was in your shoes - seeing your new car all open like that. Looks more like a normal car When you can see all that.
I can't see why a P85D would look any different given both cars have the same front motor.

Very cool picture - though pretty horrifying if I was in your shoes - seeing your new car all open like that. Looks more like a normal car When you can see all that.
I can't see why a P85D would look any different given both cars have the same front motor.

My picture was further back and in black and white. The color one is of a P85D that belongs to EatMoarToads on reddit. I posted it since someone was asking if the 85D had a different sized frunk and I wanted to illustrate that there weren't any differences. Not sure if that was clear to you or not but thought I'd make that clear.