Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Model S 85D Delivery Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That light is normal lighting all the cars have it (well at least all the new ones, I think it was added at some point, but it's not part of the premium lighting).

Thanks. I noticed the light on my test drive last week, but the car did have the upgraded interior. So your's and llavalle's pictures should give me a very good idea on what to expect without the premium interior package. Thanks!

Thanks. I noticed the light on my test drive last week, but the car did have the upgraded interior. So your's and llavalle's pictures should give me a very good idea on what to expect without the premium interior package. Thanks!

Yep, as Breser said, I don't have premium interior.

Btw, I wasn't made aware that the alcantara headliner also came with some alcantara on the top of the dashboard. I kind of understood (falsely) that this was only with the premium interior - which is false.

Yep, as Breser said, I don't have premium interior.

Btw, I wasn't made aware that the alcantara headliner also came with some alcantara on the top of the dashboard. I kind of understood (falsely) that this was only with the premium interior - which is false.

Reading your signature, I presume you have 19" wheels and coil suspension? If so, then your car is nearly set up how I would want mine. Obviously you just got it, but how does the drive feel up in Quebec with the coils so far?

Edit: Apparently I have a reading apprehension problem! Thanks for the correction and update llavalle!

Last edited:
Reading your signature, i presume you have 19" wheels and coil suspension? If so, then your car is nearly set up how I would want mine. Obviously you just got it, but how does the drive feel up in Quebec with the coils so far?

Read again, I do have the air suspension "Tech w/air". I do have the 19" - currently on the Pirelli's winter tires. How is the ride? To be 100% honest, I'll need to drive a bit more to give you a good status update on that.

My previous car (2013 Volvo S60 T6 w/sport suspension) was harsher, even on the 16" wheels in winter.

So.. would I get a S with coils? Best guess answer right now would be no. One of the reason I changed my Volvo was because the suspension was too harsh for my spine problems (medical condition).

Alcantara dash used to be a separate option in and of itself. Then it was rolled into the headliner before the Extended Leather, Yacht Floor and Premium Lighting got bundled as the Premium Interior. I wasn't sure how I felt about the dash but now that I have it I think it's fine.

I don't know how you all do it? So I just placed my Order online and the waiting is already killing me. Immediately after my order I was contacted by my DS to setup another Test Drive but this time with the 85D (model I ordered). I have only driven the the 85 and the P85+ but it has been awhile. I love this car even more now after that Test Drive and ended up leaving depressed as I got into my ICE car. Haven't made the deposit just yet as I want to see what my Financing rate will be prior to making the deposit this Thursday. I have heard great things about Alliant and want to check with my CU Patelco first. Hopefully I'll have my car in May but more than likely June. Going to be the longest 2 months of my life...

I think the absolute worst is the period between "Production Complete: Your Model S is in transit from the factory." and when it gets delivered. It would help if they would provide tracking information like UPS does for boxes. Friday 3/20 is when the dashboard indicated my car was in transit. The DS and local guys have been absolutely silent about the delivery date so far. I'm trying to arrange to get PPF installed right away, but with the large uncertainty in delivery I hate to schedule anything.

Taking delivery Thursday...seems to be the day for a few of us. Yep, this last 3 days are the hardest...for sure! Taking it 11 miles to get tinted and XPEL, this take another week. The 11 miles of fun will have to tide me over, maybe I will take a "short-cut". :tongue: