Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 7686 P85 sitting at Dania Beach Service center. If I could only figure out how to post right from Iphone.
Here you go Ohms!:biggrin:
reds.jpg

Last edited:
LOL well it won't be for long. Owner just walked in to pick it up.
Just found out mine will be here Friday with a Saturday appointment.
Time to scramble to get things done since I still haven't heard from anyone. Okay Ohms that should be big enough proof LOL :biggrin:

Last edited:
Check with them again. Seems their end of line dates aren't reliable. Brandon pulled it up and he said the truck should be Friday and I could get it late Saturday. I bet yours is on it also. I'll definately stop by Friday and look at what is there.
Both a new car and the demo were outside. Facing opposite directions so lit up differently. I felt the original demo was a little more pinkish hue to it versus the new was just a minor bit darker with a more orange tone to it but both really about the same. Could be the light and just being painted at a different time. Not to mention my non painter eyes doesn't help.

Time to scramble to get things done since I still haven't heard from anyone. Okay Ohms that should be big enough proof LOL :biggrin:

Okay, scrambling is good. Helps keep your mind off of the clock. I however have already failed that test. Mine is due to be picked up in Rockville on Friday with a full truck load of REDs coming it's way. The question remains as to who will be there first, the truck driver or me.

Okay, scrambling is good. Helps keep your mind off of the clock. I however have already failed that test. Mine is due to be picked up in Rockville on Friday with a full truck load of REDs coming it's way. The question remains as to who will be there first, the truck driver or me.

I may have to stop by the SC on Friday so I can see a red in person. I get back thurs night.

Finally picked her up today at the White Plains service center. Getting there involved a bike ride to the train station this morning, a train ride to my office in Stamford, a marginally productive morning in the office, an express bus to White Plains (who knew there was an express bus between Stamford and White Plains?), and a 10 minute walk to the service center. My wife is out of town and didn't want to impose on anyone else. All worth it, of course. I thought there were no due bill items until a quick inspection revealed a rock chip on the left rear quarter panel from being transported cross-country on an open carrier. They agreed to a repaint of the panel.

Have already picked up my twin girls from school, had Tesla time there and hit the grocery store. Definitely a blast. A few cloudy shots below for those interested; someone had requested a roof shot with the black, let me know if that's what you're thinking of.

Partial Rear Quarter.jpg
Full Rear Quarter.jpg
Roof Shot.jpg

BlkCld! I stopped by Dania Beach store this afternoon. Honestly I am disappointed because the color is different than the original Store Red that was standing next to it. Store Red was more pearl and bright and New Red is darker and flat. Some people like it but I am disappointed. Nevertheless I take it on Monday afternoon and hopefully I'll get used to it.

Great pictures, just got back from the store in San Jose Santana Row and as was already said many times they had the arrest me red on the floor. Not to be repetitive, but the color up close and personnel is gorgeous. We also went to the Menlo Park store and they had a red outside, just beautiful. Brought home a Tesla jacket so I can be reminded that I will soon own one. My DS called and said we will be able to pick up at the factory,on May 4th. He is sending me the vin and I will post it as soon as I receive it. Additional solar panels up and generating, garage painted and Racedecked, nema 14-50 ready. All we need is the Model S!!!!! Vin# 9570 yahoooooooooo!!!!!

missing fog lights on Reds

Good question...I think they are just too elated to notice, lol.

Panacea, I think you are right -- everyone here is on a multi-red high and can't critically process yet! In any case I see the main fog lights thread has recent reports including Reds. Too bad the fog lights do seem to be missing even on these batches we've all been waiting for.

I purposely looked closely and the previous Red looks more Ferrari bright and a little pearl in it. New Red is plain flat Red. Very disappointing. Again, it's my personal impression. There was a woman in the store and when I asked her, she said she liked the new one better. I am still buying it for myself not for her. That's why I am pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

The weather won't be good every day. When the sun is shining, it's not that bad, but as soon as the sun goes down, the color turns bad.