Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@docgarner, @zzzzdoc, @boeing777, @Craig, @Yak-55, @berryja, we could have a car hauler heading for the Sunshine State via Marietta I would think. Any word from your DSs?

No joy on mine. As of this morning, still sitting at the factory and rotting. No transport yet.

Just spoke to docgarner. His car is on a truck, heading to Florida. He's hoping for delivery before the 25th.

Any word on the others above?

Last edited:
@meltoots, @LisaNeedsBraces: Any updates on your delivery dates? Our cars may be on the same truck.
Nothing yet for meltoots. I paid, to encourage delivery :smile:. I may inquire today if I dont hear anything, trying to be patient. My dashboard got a disclaimer after late december today.
and my invoice that Tesla sends for final payment says on or about 12/23. But I have not heard from DS or scheduled anything.

Been back and forth a bunch of times with local and HQ sales rep today. Car switched to build complete some time last night. Got notified of the final paperwork for signing, but they accidentally added sales tax. When I got that taken off, we realized that it didn't have my wife as a co-signer. That is changed on the printable paperwork but still haven't gotten a new docusign link.

Sales rep pinged the car and the carrier truck had not yet left CA earlier this afternoon. He said that it appears likely the car won't be ready for the 27th date, more like the 30th. Not impossible, but unlikely. :/

Nothing yet for meltoots. I paid, to encourage delivery :smile:. I may inquire today if I dont hear anything, trying to be patient. My dashboard got a disclaimer after late december today.
and my invoice that Tesla sends for final payment says on or about 12/23. But I have not heard from DS or scheduled anything.

Didn't someone here say that they paid in full and had their delivery date changed from Dec. to January? Don't pay in full until you know it is on a truck :)

Didn't someone here say that they paid in full and had their delivery date changed from Dec. to January? Don't pay in full until you know it is on a truck :)

Are you perhaps referring to the prospective P85D owner who reported hearing from Tesla with an offer to deliver the car directly to his home, thus 'taking delivery' in 2014 (when the car is loaded on the transport) even if the truck didn't arrive at his place until early January?

I know you put a smiley on this and probably aren't serious. But I seriously doubt that Tesla is delaying delivery of people who have paid. Tesla doesn't get to recognize any of that revenue till the car gets delivered. Instead it shows up on their deposits column and then they get hammered with analysts thinking deposits are down in future quarters because the deposit fund went down because not as many people carried their full payment for a car across the quarter. Tesla has every reason to want to put these cars in the hands of owners in 2014.

Is it just me or are the new P85D owners very silent? Wold be nice if someone could post more videos of the performance and so on. Most videos today are demo cars and not actual delivery cars..

I can take a couple videos for you guys this weekend. What exactly are you looking for?

BTW.... I've had this car for 24 hours now and it's finally sinking in.... I honestly think this is the best car ever made. Most of my driving yesterday was on the highway and it was awesome to drive. But, driving around town is where this car stands out. The grip and responsiveness of the car is insane. It's wet and near freezing out in PA today - super slippery. There isn't a straight or flat road in this state, and this car is still absolutely glued to the road. I'm not going to push more than I need to in these conditions... but it's incredible. After reading the hundreds of posts of how amazing this is... the acceleration... all that stuff... I had unbelievably high expectations. This car beat them all.

Not going to leave you guys grasping for info though - let me know what you guys want to see and I'll see if I can put something together.

DS said car should arrive at the service center today or tomorrow. Still on schedule for pickup Monday morning, so, planning accordingly.

Happy for you:wink:, I emailed our DS today about the status of my car. It finished production 2-3 days ago and is waiting for a transport.......Not complaining.....I am sure I will get it on or before the delivery that we scheduled about 3 weeks ago: Dec 30th.

My DS told me that my car might arrive late on the 23rd at the service center in Cincinnati, with delivery on the 24th. If that holds true, your vehicle could be on the same transport (fingers crossed).

Happy for you:wink:, I emailed our DS today about the status of my car. It finished production 2-3 days ago and is waiting for a transport.......Not complaining.....I am sure I will get it on or before the delivery that we scheduled about 3 weeks ago: Dec 30th.
My car went into prep for pickup or delivery 2 days ago. How long does it usually take from ready to deliver to being delivered, usually? Any thoughts?
I'm a P85D, VIN66083, Delivery to Columbus OH then off to Cleveland. Finished production on 12/17, went into ready for pickup or delivery that day.