Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car went into prep for pickup or delivery 2 days ago. How long does it usually take from ready to deliver to being delivered, usually? Any thoughts?
I'm a P85D, VIN66083, Delivery to Columbus OH then off to Cleveland. Finished production on 12/17, went into ready for pickup or delivery that day.

Mine finished production on 12/16 and the vehicle has been sitting idly in Fremont, so I am wondering whether they just need a critical mass of cars to fill the truck for a particular area before they send them on their way.

MSM,

Check out the Spreadsheet and you will see that they are not building the cars in order of VIN # or Order Date so who knows when your car will start production. My car is 64650 (ordered November 1) and has not started production. I also don't have the problem of Next Generation Seats since I ordered Napa seats. My DS still thinks I will get the car this year but only time will tell. Good Luck

My car went into prep for pickup or delivery 2 days ago. How long does it usually take from ready to deliver to being delivered, usually? Any thoughts?
I'm a P85D, VIN66083, Delivery to Columbus OH then off to Cleveland. Finished production on 12/17, went into ready for pickup or delivery that day.

I would put out an email to your DS asking for a status check. He/she should be able to look up whether it is in transit or waiting for a transport. Once you get the 'your car is in the pickup or delivery' mode it is just a matter of getting it on a truck/train. There is no specific time frame for this. However, once it is ready TM wants you to have the car asap.

Just took delivery of my p85d. I know some have canceled because they wanted a heating steering wheel. Well... I have it in mine as part of my cold weather package. More to come later tonight. Car is awesome.

View attachment 66339
View attachment 66340
I was not fortunate enough to get the heated wheel. I am jealous. Although, it has been quite cold here in Chicago and driving around with the car, I haven't really missed it. Is this a software or hardware option? Does anyone know?

I was not fortunate enough to get the heated wheel. I am jealous. Although, it has been quite cold here in Chicago and driving around with the car, I haven't really missed it. Is this a software or hardware option? Does anyone know?

You would have had to have ordered the cold weather package, and then also gotten lucky.

The heated steering wheel, if you received it, would be a hardware item. You would activate it via software, through the 17-inch display.

Didn't someone here say that they paid in full and had their delivery date changed from Dec. to January? Don't pay in full until you know it is on a truck :)

I paid in full and then they put it back into production. Where it was still sitting two weeks later.... OK, I'll stop telling my story eventually. Maybe in 2015

- - - Updated - - -

DS said car should arrive at the service center today or tomorrow. Still on schedule for pickup Monday morning, so, planning accordingly.

Great to hear this will work out!

From my DS:

Based on your Model S current production notes, it looks like your Model S will not complete production until the last few days of December. That being said, we do have a way for you to still qualify for claiming the Tax Credit on your 2014 Taxes.

In years past, we found that this time of year many customers travel at the end of the month or want to be able to claim their purchase on their 2014 taxes, rather than 2015. Despite not getting into their Model S until just after December has transitioned into January, we are able to ship your car prior to years end.

In order to do this, we have the Model S Ship directly from Fremont CA to owners homes. By having the vehicle directly shipped, and not have it stop at an additional Tesla location, the dates on all our paperwork will remain in 2014 and the truck can arrive at the customer’s home after the new year at their convenience. We have a few years history of doing this for the end of year customer due to travel and tax incentive deadlines. Once your Model S arrives at your home, you can set an appointment with the service center or the gallery for the 30min walkthrough orientation, should you feel a run through on the car would be helpful.

Mine finished production on 12/16 and the vehicle has been sitting idly in Fremont, so I am wondering whether they just need a critical mass of cars to fill the truck for a particular area before they send them on their way.
Did you get a delivery estimate, on your final bill? I got 12/23 on or about. But I have not received any info from TM about mine being shipped. P85D VIN 66083 finished 12/17, to Columbus, OH (then I drive it to Cleveland).

At my request my DS teased me with a pic of my car that just came off of the truck... delivery Monday morning.

(Posted the pic in the black hole thread here)

Sweet!

I would have liked to have seen a picture of the cars still --on-- the truck!

- - - Updated - - -

I did get the cold weather package. I did not get lucky. I am going to ask them to swap it in when I get my new next gen seats. E

I don't want to worry you, but there has been talk here of the heated steering wheel not being something that can be retrofitted. The reason that has been thrown out for this is that supposedly a completely different wiring harness is used. (I believe that was the term.) Of course this could be wrong. I hope it works out for you.

well, 4 days after production complete, mine is sitting on a train! either still waiting to depart, or in transit somewhere -- but the train will only get to Chicago on Christmas eve - so much slower than truck I guess... that train's final destination is Richmond.
it will be very close to end of year now... most likely no heated steering wheel, and definitely does not have the NG seats, paid in full already with interest accumulating, and a little annoyed right now:( rant off
DS confirmed truck Chicago bound, to arrive 12/23... I get the most memorable Christmas present ever the next morning! Best of luck to the other Chitown folks that were promised a later date that there is space on this one for yours. (Spreadsheet updated)

DS confirmed truck Chicago bound, to arrive 12/23... I get the most memorable Christmas present ever the next morning! Best of luck to the other Chitown folks that were promised a later date that there is space on this one for yours. (Spreadsheet updated)

C'mon. Ralphie's 'Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time' is tied or a very close second!:wink:

Did you get a delivery estimate, on your final bill? I got 12/23 on or about. But I have not received any info from TM about mine being shipped. P85D VIN 66083 finished 12/17, to Columbus, OH (then I drive it to Cleveland).

The initially estimated delivery quoted by my DS, prior to going into production, was the weekend "around 12/22". My car came out of production on 12/16 and I emailed my DS again today to inquire about the exact delivery date. He said that the vehicle has not been loaded on a transport yet, but might get here "late on the 23rd", for delivery on the 24th. If this holds true and depending on how big the truck is, your car might be on the same transport, since Cincinnati and Columbus are not that far apart. We obviously won't know until the transporter actually leaves the factory. I have yet to receive my final bill though. I'll keep you posted.