Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cars destined for Norway are finished in Fremont and shipped to Norway either directly from the U.S. or via the Netherlands. Not reassembled, just moved from one ship to another.

It's because we are not part of the EU (and also because there's no import taxes on EVs in Norway).

Would this also be the case for cars for Switzerland? Norway and Switzerland seem to be batched differently.

Wow indeed....jealous here. I am one VIN higher than you and no word other than "Late February".

I am begging them to send the Purchase Agreement so I can finalize financing, but they haven't sent it yet. When did you get your P.A.?

I'm supposed to the get the P.A. tomorrow. However I specified from the beginning that it was to be a cash sale.

I notice that yours is a 85D, while mine is a P85D. I don't believe Tesla has delivered any 85D's yet.

Yes - cars going to Switzerland are also fully assembled in Fremont and shipped via Rotterdam.

My VIN 67714 is on a boat for ready for delivery on March 10th in Geneva, Switzerland.

congratulations. my old order is on the same boat and was supposed to be/will be ready for delivery a couple of days earlier but I cancelled and re-ordered one with exec rear seats.... so now delivery should be end April-may which is fine to. I guess I'll skips the winter that has finally arrived. :) was out slipping and sliding with my P85+ the other day. lots of fun since it handles really well for a rear-wheel-drive and very heavy car.

Mine is also still in production (on its 27th day). Just got a reply from my DS. He says the reason why some cars are stuck in production is limited access to parts. A bit strange that some cars that went into production after mine are now in transit though. Just have to be patient I guess (even if it is getting more and more difficult).

I think its the next gen seats that they have limited access to. So when that happens Tesla has to move the car out from the production line and do much more manual labor on our cars to install the seats later and that takes time.

The same that happen to the "Black Hole" cars for US marked.

A friendly bird, not my DS, sent me a tip today that my and other norwegian cars _might_ be on the ship Tarago and that its next trip will be with a ship called Autoracer scheduled to dock in Drammen on the 12th of february...

Link to track Taragos trip across the ocean(click "Show Track"): http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:308091/oldmmsi:257672000/olddate:lastknown#

This is very exiting and a bit scary as I havent got a confirmation. thing is the scheduled docking date corresponds beatifully with the estimated delivery data of the 19th of february I got on my invoice:)
To those Norwegians that might be wondering why this boat is heading to Bremerhaven and not Drammen:

Next part of the cars trip is supposed to be on the boat UECC's Autoracer AUTORACER - Vehicles Carrier: current position and details | IMO 9079200, MMSI 255802650, Callsign CQOD | Registered in Portugal - AIS Marine Traffic from Bremerhaven to Norway.

So if the friendly bird is correct the cars will leave Bremerhaven on the 11th of february on Autoracer.

PS! dont ask me why port is listed as Oslo and not Drammen. I have now shared all of the info the friendly bird told me:)