Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oddly, I received an email from Tesla this morning with the subject "Your order has been confirmed". In the body- "For the purposes of factory planning, we have begun sourcing parts for your Model S. As your car's final assembly date nears, you'll be contacted to plan your pickup. If you have any questions, please contact us."

mytesla is still showing "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."

I'm not sure what triggered the email. Anyone else receive a similar email this morning?

Oddly, I received an email from Tesla this morning with the subject "Your order has been confirmed". In the body- "For the purposes of factory planning, we have begun sourcing parts for your Model S. As your car's final assembly date nears, you'll be contacted to plan your pickup. If you have any questions, please contact us."

mytesla is still showing "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."

I'm not sure what triggered the email. Anyone else receive a similar email this morning?

Andrew you beat me to it... I too got that same email this morning. I approved the lease offer yesterday with finance and perhaps thought that was the reason? Also when we all did the re-confirmation a while back I never got the confirmation email... Are they playing catch up with that?

Andrew you beat me to it... I too got that same email this morning. I approved the lease offer yesterday with finance and perhaps thought that was the reason? Also when we all did the re-confirmation a while back I never got the confirmation email... Are they playing catch up with that?

That's interesting. I never received the email confirmation for the original order or the reconfirm. Weeks ago I contacted tesla to verify that hey had the correct email address, etc. Tesla couldn't come up with an explanation. Truthfully I think they thought it was user error on my side and it was sitting my spam folder or some such.

Yes, I got the same e-mail moments ago, and nothing changed on the "My Tesla" page.

Same here guys. I got a confirmation email even though I had confirmed on 10/29 and already had a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) PDF in the My Documents section of My Tesla's dashboard as of 10/30.

The original MVPA was incorrect in that it had an extra line item for 19" Winter tires that I never ordered, but the updated MVPA which showed up in my inbox and online this morning is correct.

Coincidentally, I emailed my DS this morning about the need to get an updated MVPA with correct options for the financing guy at Alliant, so I thought he finally got off his @ss (he almost never emails back, I always have to call him) and did something quickly for once. Now I know I was wrong and it was auto-generated :biggrin:

Oh, and no status change on My Tesla - still shows "Order Confirmed / Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California" with a December delivery estimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Status update: "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S"

Are you seeing this on the My Tesla page or in the email you got?

Same here guys. I got a confirmation email even though I had confirmed on 10/29 and already had a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (MVPA) PDF in the My Documents section of My Tesla's dashboard as of 10/30.

The original MVPA was incorrect in that it had an extra line item for 19" Winter tires that I never ordered, but the updated MVPA which showed up in my inbox and online this morning is correct.

Coincidentally, I emailed my DS this morning about the need to get an updated MVPA with correct options for the financing guy at Alliant, so I thought he finally got off his @ss (he almost never emails back, I always have to call him) and did something quickly for once. Now I know I was wrong and it was auto-generated :biggrin:

Oh, and no status change on My Tesla - still shows "Order Confirmed / Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California" with a December delivery estimate.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, this has been similar to my DS experience as well. I also got the email but no discussion of production or delivery dates.

Any relationship between "sourcing" email and completion of built?

Newbie question: Are there any rules of thumb when the car will be built, dependent on the "sourcing" email?
I got that email today, but haven't received the "wall charger" email, which I've read somewhere indicates that your car is 4 weeks from being completed.
I am anxious to get my hands on my first Model S!

wet paint Dec 31 deliveries at Fremont expected.

I think shutdowns are usually the first week of first month of a quarter. July 1st weekend, Jan 1st and so on.

On Nov 4 a Tesla sales rep told me that there would be a planned shutdown to do some work on the line in January. I assume Tesla will do everything to deliver a maximum number of cars in Q4 given that they had to reduce guidance for 2014 deliveries from 35.000 to 33.000.

- - - Updated - - -

Newbie question: Are there any rules of thumb when the car will be built, dependent on the "sourcing" email?
I got that email today, but haven't received the "wall charger" email, which I've read somewhere indicates that your car is 4 weeks from being completed.
I am anxious to get my hands on my first Model S!

I also received the e-mail today and my car will not be built before some time in January (Europe delivery). My guess is that Tesla was overwhelmed by D upgrades and orders during the past couple of weeks and are now getting their administration back on track. When I ordered & confirmed a P85 last August, I received this e-mail a lot faster. I don't think there is a correlation between this e-mail and the time the car will enter the production line.

If you are really curious about the time your car will enter the production line, it's a good idea to keep a close contact with your sales or DS. They are able to look up the dates for each order. In any case, when your car enters the line, you will see a new message in My Tesla.

I also received the e-mail today and my car will not be built before some time in January (Europe delivery). My guess is that Tesla was overwhelmed by D upgrades and orders during the past couple of weeks and are now getting their administration back on track. When I ordered & confirmed a P85 last August, I received this e-mail a lot faster. I don't think there is a correlation between this e-mail and the time the car will enter the production line.

Thanks, jpet, this is good information. I wonder if there really is a correlation between the "wall charger" email and the production date, then.

If you are really curious about the time your car will enter the production line, it's a good idea to keep a close contact with your sales or DS. They are able to look up the dates for each order. In any case, when your car enters the line, you will see a new message in My Tesla.

Trust me, I went that route first, but my DS is very vague about the production date and doesn't answer half of my emails. My delivery is scheduled for "late December" and I was told "tentatively around 12/22". I was just curious if any of the automatically triggered emails would help pinpoint the exact date.

Thanks, jpet, this is good information. I wonder if there really is a correlation between the "wall charger" email and the production date, then.

Probably not.

Trust me, I went that route first, but my DS is very vague about the production date and doesn't answer half of my emails. My delivery is scheduled for "late December" and I was told "tentatively around 12/22". I was just curious if any of the automatically triggered emails would help pinpoint the exact date.

When you were given 12/22 as a reference date, that's the best they can do right now. They will be able to produce a more exact date after production of the P85D has started and they get a better grasp on the number of cars they are able to build per day / week. Rest assured that the pressure is on at Tesla. They need to deliver a maximum number of cars during Q4. If they can, they will build and deliver your car before 12/22. :smile:

The 'sourcing parts' line showed up in the email I got today (for an S85D order), but not on My Tesla.

Another question: I have no My Documents section on the My Dashboard page. Is it just because there are no documents for me to look over yet, or am I missing something?