Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- - - Updated - - -
So we're still updating the P85D spreadsheet, and making changes.. sorting it differently... etc etc. Do we want to keep doing this, or pivot to the new "All Model S" spreadsheet? The primary reason as I see it to keep using the P85D spreadsheet is that it's focused, and a bit simpler. It's a tad faster to get at the information you want to see. The new global spreadsheet certainly gives you a broader view of factory output. I'm happy to maintain the P85D list until January or so and then kill it... but right now we're just being inconsistent. Sooooooo..... what say all of you?

My vote is to KEEP the P85D spreadsheet going! The P85D's are a small community and it's nice to have our own sheet to check.

- - - Updated - - -

Dallas1, you and I ordered at the same time so I believe we should be entering production around the same time.

That would be cool. We should make it a contest. If yours goes first, I'll buy you a drink the next time your in Dallas. And Vice Versa when I'm in San Fran.

Changed it to production date, and then order date ...

Thanks Andrew! Hmm, my VIN just went into production in the last couple of hours, so my theory of "order date is highly correlated with production date" has just jumped out the window... not complaining though :biggrin:

In Production.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andrew! Hmm, my VIN just went into production in the last couple of hours, so my theory of "order date is highly correlated with production date" has just jumped out the window... not complaining though :biggrin:

Historically the confirmed date is what mattered. But since we had the forced re-confirm on the early P85D orders, all bets are off.

Historically the confirmed date is what mattered. But since we had the forced re-confirm on the early P85D orders, all bets are off.

I see, well in this case should we sort by production start date first, then by confirmed date?

You know what, never mind - I forgot about the EU deliveries that confirmed early but don't have VINs yet.
So perhaps your original sort by production start, then by VIN, makes the most sense. Sorry for the confusion, just trying to find the pattern here!!

By the way, I changed my delivery location from San Rafael to the Fremont factory yesterday - maybe that triggered the production? Who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

That would be cool. We should make it a contest. If yours goes first, I'll buy you a drink the next time your in Dallas. And Vice Versa when I'm in San Fran.

Did yours enter production yet? If not, I'm looking forward to that drink next time I'm in Dallas! (who knows when that will be... last time I was there was in 2011 for a solar power conference!)

I ordered on 10/9 just as soon as the website came back up.
Mine is not yet in production.

PatT's was the first Tan interior that went into production, and he ordered on 10/10. Order date is clearly not the factor determining build order.

I bet production order is purely about batching things for trucking.

Today my estimated delivery date changed from "December" to "Late December." Which doesn't contradict what my Tesla rep told me (namely, possibly as early as the 18th but most likely the week of the 22nd) but wasn't what I was hoping to see when I hit refresh!

My status changed to Late December today too! Sales rep told me last week it was being built the first week in December.

I see, well in this case should we sort by production start date first, then by confirmed date?

You know what, never mind - I forgot about the EU deliveries that confirmed early but don't have VINs yet.
So perhaps your original sort by production start, then by VIN, makes the most sense. Sorry for the confusion, just trying to find the pattern here!!

By the way, I changed my delivery location from San Rafael to the Fremont factory yesterday - maybe that triggered the production? Who knows...

- - - Updated - - -

Did yours enter production yet? If not, I'm looking forward to that drink next time I'm in Dallas! (who knows when that will be... last time I was there was in 2011 for a solar power conference!)

You especially don't know when you will be there with your model S! <insert groan here for adding salt to the wound of all Texans waiting for the SC network to allow them to leave the state>

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats! :)

Thanks! It ain't over till the fat lady sings though (which she will when I take delivery.)

andrewket said:
You especially don't know when you will be there with your model S! <insert groan for adding salt to the Texas supercharger island joke here>

Haha good one Andrew. I will definitely wait till the southern SC build-up happens before even thinking about driving to the lone star state.

Last edited:
If I had the free time I would take delivery in NV and drive her home. What better way to become acquainted. Alas, Maryland delivery it is, followed by the immediate paint correction and film install. The extra 2-3 days post delivery will be painful indeed.

Same for me: changed from December to Late December. Can't get Tesla rep to respond despit three inquiries. I'm in Oregon, too.

- - - Updated - - -

My status changed to Late December today too! Sales rep told me last week it was being built the first week in December.
Same for me: changed from December to Late December. Can't get Tesla rep to respond despit three inquiries. I'm in Oregon, too.