Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the final MVPA from my DS, DocuSign-ed it and took care of the downpayment via ACH. Wow, that was easy!

Interesting, I was told no DocuSign for me although I'm also taking delivery in Fremont and also financing with a downpayment I paid via ACH - unless you're leasing?

Car's still "In Production" though so, am waiting on an update from the DS. Fwiw, the final MVPA has 12/10 as the expected delivery date.

Same here, still in production since 11/25. My final MVPA, which was uploaded to My Tesla on 11/25 right around the time it changed to "In Production", indicates a 12/08/2014 delivery. I'm hoping that means we'll still see "Production Complete" before the end of this week!

That's good news! Out of curiosity, how is your DS finding out this information? Mine seems to just go by the status on My Tesla, which has zero value-add to me since I can see that status myself.

Apparently they can view the production status in more detail. Last week she was able to see that my car was in "paint". But at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up. If it's 12/4, great. If it's not, I trust it was for a good reason.

Apparently they can view the production status in more detail. Last week she was able to see that my car was in "paint". But at this point, I'm not getting my hopes up. If it's 12/4, great. If it's not, I trust it was for a good reason.

We're all looking forward to one of you guys with earlier orders take delivery, because then we know that if there was a technical problem, it probably has been resolved and production speed should increase. Right now it feels like production is slowing down!

Apparently they can view the production status in more detail. Last week she was able to see that my car was in "paint".

I wish my DS was able (or willing) to do that too..

Has anyone talked to anyone from HQ about delivery/production status? Can you share the telephone number if you have? My DS is next to worthless.

Same here. Curious to know too.

Well my car is apparently moving backwards. It has been complete since the 26th and today I see this! WTF?

image.jpg

Over on the TM forum tracking D deliveries, 'Dave' who was suppose to pick up his D at the factory tomorrow received a call pushing delivery back.

David_M @CA.US | December 2, 2014
just received call. delivery tomorrow delayed

Well my car is apparently moving backwards. It has been complete since the 26th and today I see this! WTF?

View attachment 65025

talked to my DS. He assures me that my car is ready for transport but has still not left California so will definitely not be in Calgary by the 4th. At this point I'm not sure if I will even see it this week or if it will be more like the original timing.

Interesting, I was told no DocuSign for me although I'm also taking delivery in Fremont and also financing with a downpayment I paid via ACH - unless you're leasing?

Same here, still in production since 11/25. My final MVPA, which was uploaded to My Tesla on 11/25 right around the time it changed to "In Production", indicates a 12/08/2014 delivery. I'm hoping that means we'll still see "Production Complete" before the end of this week!

About the downpayment, I'm financing with an outside lender and not via Tesla. DS initiated the DocuSign process as soon as I gave him the lender and financed amount information.

DS promised an update on Thursday about delivery ETA.

Heard from my DS. He said my car is currently body in white. In other words, pre-paint, several days away from completion. Why the dashboard says it entered production on 11/25-26 he couldn't say. My 12/12 delivery date is still possible, but is at risk.

Will post TPMS update in the new thread.

Last edited:
talked to my DS. He assures me that my car is ready for transport but has still not left California so will definitely not be in Calgary by the 4th.

Glad to hear it's done! Wonder why the status reverted to "In Production" then... sounds like the status updates are all over the map and can't necessarily be relied upon.

About the downpayment, I'm financing with an outside lender and not via Tesla. DS initiated the DocuSign process as soon as I gave him the lender and financed amount information.

Ah ok that's probably why the DocuSign is needed then. I'm financing through Tesla so they said no need to DocuSign.

Heard from my DS. He said my car is currently body in white. In other words, pre-paint, several days away from completion. Why the dashboard says it entered production on 11/25-26 he couldn't say. My 12/12 deliver date is still possible, but is at risk.

Hmm interesting, I hope things progress quickly from now. I really wish my DS could get that info too. I'll bug him again now and ask him to try harder to find such info.

Last edited:
I think I'm getting a little obsessive with my Dashboard checking... my wife has declared me officially teslinsane!

Sundoc - My wife constantly makes fun of me over this.
Every time I look at my phone she says, "Are you looking at Tesla again?! I'm trying to talk to you about our kids!"

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm maybe they do have a problem with production, or are holding back releases to do more checks. Can anyone with an insider contact at the factory find out?

Better they get everything correct before they deliver these puppies. But the lack of information seriously sucks.

I realized I was spending quite a bit of time checking the "My Tesla" page... so, I've removed my tether from it and have scripted an automated check of the page every ~30 minutes with an SMS alert if the status changes from "In Production" to anything else. :-D

Hopefully it gets a bite soon...

I realized I was spending quite a bit of time checking the "My Tesla" page... so, I've removed my tether from it and have scripted an automated check of the page every ~30 minutes with an SMS alert if the status changes from "In Production" to anything else. :-D

Hopefully it gets a bite soon...
Makes sure you add a check for after it goes to completion, if it goes back to production again as happened with mine. Serves me right for not being very sympathetic and bragging about how quickly mine went to Complete. I'm really hoping that my DS is right and the car is actually ready for transport and not in some production black hole. Can't help,wondering if they didn't discover some fault.

Makes sure you add a check for after it goes to completion, if it goes back to production again as happened with mine. Serves me right for not being very sympathetic and bragging about how quickly mine went to Complete. I'm really hoping that my DS is right and the car is actually ready for transport and not in some production black hole. Can't help,wondering if they didn't discover some fault.

It would work since it looks for a change to that text from what it saw previously.

It certainly is odd that you went back to In Production. Mine still shows Production Complete.