Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm/collaborate that this also doesn't work for pushing it from in production to prepping for delivery...

My theory is that we just haven't hit refresh often enough yet. I scheduled my delivery today for 12/13. However, even though I said I need to do it on a Saturday, if they get it in early in the week I'll just have to take a day off work and get it sooner. My DS checked a bunch of stuff and told me that it was going to complete tomorrow or Wednesday and would arrive in North Carolina next week sometime.

I really, really want someone to take delivery and start writing really long winded reviews with millions of pictures.

Also, remember that while AWD will help you start moving in the ice and snow, it does nothing (or with regen, little) to help you stop in an emergency situation.

That being said, I am looking forward to finding out how the regen interacting with the traction/stability control does on ice and snow. In years past, the Denver Tesla people have held an ice driving course/event on Georgetown Lake in Georgetown, CO. I hope that they do it again this winter.

When I was there three years ago with the Roadster, I got see first hand how absolutely horrible summer performance tires can be on wet, melting ice! The ice was plenty thick, but it was sunny and in the 40's, making for a very slippery, wet-ice surface.

Just looked up the Georgetown Lake stuff. Maybe a few Colorado owners should give this a try this winter. Notice how serious the "non-street legal" studs are...

This looks like fun for an x85D. They require 4WD or AWD. From Our Gang Question Answer

Can I crash into anything while I’m racing?
No. Heats are run with only 2 vehicles on the track at the same time. Each vehicle starts in their own gate, on opposite sides of the track, so no contact is ever made. No wheel to wheel racing is allowed at any time. Also, we do not have any solid barriers (walls, barricades, tires, bales, etc…) on the track to slide into. Anytime you are driving off the race course at our events you need to be at idle speed. This includes staging, the pit areas, the parking lots and after crossing the finish line. This is so crucial because we are on glare ice and there are lots of other drivers, spectators, pets, kids and equipment around you.​

What is the Rookie Race?
The Rookie Race is held on select Sundays and is for bare rubber participants. To register you must meet two requirements:
#1 – You must register and participate in the day’s Street or Pro Street bare rubber race.
#2 – You cannot have won any points or trophies with Our Gang in the last 3 years (2012, 2013 and 2014).​

Drivers who meet both requirements; can register for the Rookie Race for free. The Rookie Race will take place after all the regularly scheduled events have finished. Drivers will be paired just like any other race and will race to a top 5 finish. Only the first place winner of each Rookie Race will receive a prize. However, everyone that enters can earn points for the Rookie of the Year Championship which will be awarded at the Award Banquet in March. If there is a tie after the last Rookie Race of the Year; eligible drivers will race off for the over-all Championship.​

If we tried that in Maryland, the first thing that would happen is that the cars would fall into the lake... assuming there was any ice to start with. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My theory is that we just haven't hit refresh often enough yet. I scheduled my delivery today for 12/13. However, even though I said I need to do it on a Saturday, if they get it in early in the week I'll just have to take a day off work and get it sooner. My DS checked a bunch of stuff and told me that it was going to complete tomorrow or Wednesday and would arrive in North Carolina next week sometime.

I really, really want someone to take delivery and start writing really long winded reviews with millions of pictures.

Same here, it'll make this torturous wait more bearable. Looks like we're a day apart in production, but I expect we'll end up on the same truck.

Looks like my VIN is quite popular :wink: I see 5 entries for 63587
image.jpg
looks like a long wait though I ordered on the night of announcement

Also guys for what it's worth I was told our cars need new second generation TPMS the older ones don't work.
I think they are called continental.

Oh oh. Are you saying that the Ds have new TPMS? I bought winter wheels/tires back in about January this year. They worked on my P85+ so I was assuming that they would work on my P85D. If that is not the case I need to find some new TPMS. Not sure if Tire rack will have new ones or if Tesla sells them separately.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm getting a little obsessive with my Dashboard checking... my wife has declared me officially teslinsane!

You're going to need that insane mode.

I'm holding off buying new tires (high-performance 19" summer ones in my case, since I live in a non-snowy area where there are enough potholes to ruin the 21" wheels) until I actually have the car, or at least until people who ordered 19" wheels get their cars and report exactly what the tire specs are. At this point I'm not confident enough in the accuracy of the information we have about the car to be sure I'd order the right thing.

Oh oh. Are you saying that the Ds have new TPMS? I bought winter wheels/tires back in about January this year. They worked on my P85+ so I was assuming that they would work on my P85D. If that is not the case I need to find some new TPMS. Not sure if Tire rack will have new ones or if Tesla sells them separately.

- - - Updated - - -

You're going to need that insane mode.

Same here. Not only that, but I had to buy another set to sell with my P85+. Had I known I would have removed the sensors from the wheels I kept since they won't work anymore :(. On the plus side, maybe this means we'll finally get PSI readings instead of just "a tire is low".