Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if Canada requires the same sticker?

iirc, there was talk of having such a requirement in Canada, but the dealers said, "look, we're good boys, you don't need to legislate, we'll voluntarily supply all that information."

This was a decade or so ago. Since then, some dealers have become "lazy" and don't post the stickers. Luxury brands are the ones most often guilty of this. Someone asked a BMW dealer why no car had stickers in their showroom and their claim was that is was unnecessary due to consumers being so knowledgeable nowadays.

image.jpg
That's earlier than any vin we have on the spreadsheet.
Anyone else notice that it says Recaro next Gen seats?

My guess is they have some finished Ds waiting on stickers at the factory...

I suppose my guess from 2 days ago makes a lot more sense now?! :)

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 65209
Anyone else notice that it says Recaro next Gen seats?

Good catch! Also good to see they are still Nappa seats!

Also why is the range stated on the sticker much less than the Tesla website advertises? (242 vs 285)? Just a different way to calculate the range?

Last edited:
Also why is the range stated on the sticker much less than the Tesla website advertises? (242 vs 285)? Just a different way to calculate the range?
There is another thread with the details. Calculated from this sticker and considering the 2013 EPA testing rules the original S did not have to test under it is 284 miles highway range from a 100% charge. 242 miles is the combined range from a 90% charge.

You have to appreciate that you're buying a supercar with up to 7 seats that can go 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds and gets the equivalent of 89 miles per gallon. If this combination of attributes doesn't put a shudder into the competition, I don't know what would. Congratulations to all you soon-to-be P85D owners! Please do share some videos, as previously requested.

no concrete evidence, but I suspect this has a lot to do with how many people put down their info on the tracking sheet. It is unlikely that only 150 or so P85D got ordered, more like over 1000 I would assume. Like someone else suspected, there were lots of early adopters in the early tracking. I have also seen other forum members mention about P85D order but did not see their names (I scan through the Chicago area orders - as I suspect many Chicago orders would be staged and shipped together:) )