Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1
While I am not totally giving up hope for my 12/20 delivery date, I'd trade it for getting out of the queue, into production with some degree of certainty that I can actually take delivery in 2014!

It may interest some of those with Late December deliveries that my DS said that my car (and I'm sure many others) is scheduled to be built starting Monday, Dec 8.
She thinks final inspection will occur Monday Dec. 15 ,with cars heading East sometime after that.
When I asked her if the Delivery would be before Christmas, she just could not commit.
Feels great to know that there is an actual date when it will be built! Really tired of the Queue.

It may interest some of those with Late December deliveries that my DS said that my car (and I'm sure many others) is scheduled to be built starting Monday, Dec 8.
She thinks final inspection will occur Monday Dec. 15 ,with cars heading East sometime after that.
When I asked her if the Delivery would be before Christmas, she just could not commit.
Feels great to know that there is an actual date when it will be built! Really tired of the Queue.

I can't get mine to commit to any specifics. So ipI appreciate you sharing yours. I likewise can't wait to get "some" change on the dashboard.

Being in Production loses its shine when you been in it for 2 weeks and nobody knows why and or when you will get out of it. I remember how excited I was when it first went into production. I was somewhat less happy when it went BACK into production and now when I look at it every day and its still in production I'm pretty disappointed. Still, its kind of nice to know I have a cool, mostly built, P85D car out there somewhere.

Being in Production loses its shine when you been in it for 2 weeks and nobody knows why and or when you will get out of it. I remember how excited I was when it first went into production. I was somewhat less happy when it went BACK into production and now when I look at it every day and its still in production I'm pretty disappointed. Still, its kind of nice to know I have a cool, mostly built, P85D car out there somewhere.

The best part of being in production for 2 weeks is when your DS insists that your car is in the paint process after 2 weeks.

Perhaps these cars are being hand-painted, and that's the hold-up.

insane.PNG

I for one can't wait. Found this yesterday.

My car has been scheduled to be out of production on 12/15 since the say I confirmed the order. I talked to my DS today, and mentioned this thread. He has been watching it too, and knows nothing. He is also not surprised about the delays. The only date he has ever given me is the 12/15 date, and says that my car should be here towards the end of the month, but will not commit beyond that. I honestly think that any DSs that are giving more information are actually shooting from the hip. They know no more than we do.

- - - Updated - - -

I am just waiting for the first P85D to get loaded onto a truck, whosever it is.

Hmm... got an email about an updated purchase agreement.

This one has actual information on it. Specifically, "VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT: 12/12/2014"

Says the seller is Tesla in NYC...

SELLER’S NAME AND ADDRESS:
Tesla Motors New York LLC
511 West 25th Street
New York, NY 10001
Dealer No. 7109329

I'd prefer NOT to go to NYC...

Unrelated, looks like they finally added 6.0 release notes...

Hmm... got an email about an updated purchase agreement.

This one has actual information on it. Specifically, "VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT: 12/12/2014"

Ah, good catch. I got this final MVPA to Docusign this morning as well and mine says the same - TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT 12/12/2014

My original (conservative) delivery estimate from the beginning of last week when my car went into production was 12/10/2014.

Last edited:
You know, you can find out from either your DS or the headquarter's inside delivery team what stage of production you're in. Should be "final inspections" in your case, but it would be good to know anyway.

As mine had already been completed (November 26th), my DS was basically telling me that it was about to be loaded on a truck. He was originally expecting it might arrive in Vancouver on Monday (last) but he later revised that to arrive in Vancouver today. Even when I told him that my dashboard had jumped back to inProduction, his systems told him it was ready for transport. As far as he is concerned the car was completely done and he hasn't been told anything more. Whatever they are waiting for, my car may be retrofitted (if its seats or something). Otherwise it is sitting somewhere waiting for whatever the delay is.

Spoke with my DS. He confirmed all P85Ds are still being held. HQ is being tight lipped. They are not sharing with the field why or an estimate as to when the cars will be released. My car is still in production, but it's moving very slowly. It was body in white on Monday. It entered general assembly this morning (Friday). DS agreed it's slower than normal.

So for now the only thing to do is be patient.

Last edited:
The idea of proceeding slowly through production surprises me - from my tour it looked like you start at one end and move forward in sequence.

Going slowly implies there are now 'buffers' where cars can be held - I assume other cars are going through as fast as possible and hence passing the Ds?

Perhaps its only at major transitions - production of the body in white, at the end of painting and at the end of general assembly.

Anybody understand the process better?