Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my DS and got some more details about delivery. He has been great btw.

[*]This may be common knowledge, but he said the status on My Tesla won't update again to "On a Truck" or similar... so I can stop refreshing now. :redface:
So, once you see production complete, it does not say "shipping" or something like that on your dashboard once the car is on its way?

For delivery in Europe it seems that the bottle neck is Holland where all cars are shipped to. It also seems that the cars a waiting there for a month or two before they are transported to the destination. I have asked if I could pick up my P85D in Holland, but was not permitted to do so. Has any of you guys from Europe tried the same ?
I have a "March" delivery date.

I don't think they keep them in Tilburg any longer than necessary to assemble them and deliver them to your local service center. Typical transit time between Fremont and delivery is 6 to 8 weeks. First by train from Fremont to New York, subsequently by boat to Tilburg and finally by truck to your service center. I'm sure they will try everything they can to deliver as soon as possible because Tesla's financials are based on delivered cars, not on ordered cars.

P85Ds for Europe will be built starting sometime in January so they can be transported and delivered within the Q1 timeframe. I'm in the same boat as you are, no worries, something great is coming in a couple of weeks. :rolleyes:

we are now post the 36 hour mark on my car - and other than the seats - the car is flawless. And I trust Tesla will get the seats installed in the new year. For the time being the current seats are far from awful and actually very very good - if the nextGen seats are better then I'll get a nice upgrade in the new year.

I honestly don't understand the customer canceling their orders over the seat kurfluffle. Tesla had a problem, made a call, seems to be doing right for safety and the customer and it still making a fantastic car, and let's be honest. We're talking about delay's of 10-20 days - in the grand scheme of things really no big deal, and less than 8 weeks ago no one had ever heard of this car or nextGen seats. I really, really don't understand why this is such a horrible thing. But I know that's just my opinion.

Great summary.

There are 2 people with deliveries from this forum, 1 from the Teslamotors official forum, and one which has been talked about in various news articles as the "first delivery" who is not a member of either forum.

There are likely other deliveries that have been made to others not from this forum, and a few that are on the spreadsheet as happening later on today for forum members.

Nobody has received the new seats yet in their delivery on either forum.

Isn't one of the guys from this forum and the guy from the official Teslamotors forum the same person (dortor4ev on here, dortor on there.) Assuming so, it's MarcG, dortor4ev, and the guy the article was written about, as of now.

In my case, I ordered a loaded P85D on Oct 10, re-confirmed on Oct 24, entered production Nov 25, production complete Dec 12. My DS says it is on the truck and will arrive tomorrow Dec 18, for pickup on Dec 19. Of course I did not get my next gen seats as they will have to be installed later. Hope this helps. I will post when I have my car.

Thanks and congrats, please do post upon arrival!

Just got the e-mail that my P85D, 64191, "is being prepped for pickup or delivery." This car started production on 12/1 and appears to be complete on 12/17, or 16 days later.

The e-mail explained seat issues causing the delay and I get the nextgen seats later.

I don't have a Denver delivery scheduled yet, but am hoping for early next week. I have a set of Nokian Hakka R2's mounted on Tesla 19's with the new TPMS's ready to go, but will probably drive for at least a few days on the all season 19's that I ordered with it.

:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :cool:

Just got the e-mail that my P85D, 64191, "is being prepped for pickup or delivery." This car started production on 12/1 and appears to be complete on 12/17, or 16 days later.

The e-mail explained seat issues causing the delay and I get the nextgen seats later.

I don't have a Denver delivery scheduled yet, but am hoping for early next week. I have a set of Nokian Hakka R2's mounted on Tesla 19's with the new TPMS's ready to go, but will probably drive for at least a few days on the all season 19's that I ordered with it.

:smile: :biggrin: :wink: :cool:

Congrats Cottonwood! BTW, how did you order the new version TPMS's? Do you happen to have a Tesla Part Number for them off hand?

Took delivery this morning. Tesla employee said I was the third P85D she had delivered so far, but many many more coming this week.

IMG_2821.jpg
IMG_2815.jpg

When I was talking to an SC manager a few month ago, I asked him how he was made aware of incoming new car shipments,
and what the protocol was to get a new model S ready for delivery...
I was told that the SC gets notified by email, in some instances 4 to 7 days ahead of time (remember I am on the East Coast
so cars in transit take a while to get here). That said, I am sure many of you have created a good relationship with your "local"
SC manager. They may be of some assistance in setting your expectations for delivery and arrival date and time...

I for one, Such as in the case of our good buddy CottonWood above, well... I would be LIVING at the SC .... Haha

AARAGU: Hey NICE... is that the GREY color (colorblind here sorry)... many safe and happy miles and smiles!

Yes, that's grey with grey 21" wheels, and grey interior, black headliner.

Today is not a good day to do much testing, rainy and lots of traffic in Silicon Valley. Tomorrow looks like a break in the weather.

When I was talking to an SC manager a few month ago, I asked him how he was made aware of incoming new car shipments,
and what the protocol was to get a new model S ready for delivery...
I was told that the SC gets notified by email, in some instances 4 to 7 days ahead of time (remember I am on the East Coast
so cars in transit take a while to get here). That said, I am sure many of you have created a good relationship with your "local"
SC manager. They may be of some assistance in setting your expectations for delivery and arrival date and time...

I for one, Such as in the case of our good buddy CottonWood above, well... I would be LIVING at the SC .... Haha

AARAGU: Hey NICE... is that the GREY color (colorblind here sorry)... many safe and happy miles and smiles!

I exported the delivery data spreadsheet to excel at 12:30pm PST 12/17 and played with it to better understand the size and nature of the "P85D Black Hole" - posted on the thread dedicated to that topic, but though people here would find it interesting.

· To be a member of the P85D BH you entered production between 11/21-12/5 and waited/are waiting 10 days plus for production to complete
· # Original members of the BH: 68
· # who have finished production: 32
· # who remain in BH: 35 (1 cancelled)
· Average Production Time for those completed: 17.4 days
· Longest that has completed: 24 days
· Longest that hasn’t as of 12/17: 26 days
· # of BHers Exited Production on: 12/16: 8, 12/15: 14, 12/14: 3, 12/13:1, 12/12:2, 12/11:1, 12/8: 1
· If 12/16 pace holds – list will be cleared in 4.5 days
· # of cars who began production after the hole and have been completed: 17
· Average Production Time for Non-BHers - 4.7 days

Okay, got that out of my system.

Ross

In my case, I ordered a loaded P85D on Oct 10, re-confirmed on Oct 24, entered production Nov 25, production complete Dec 12. My DS says it is on the truck and will arrive tomorrow Dec 18, for pickup on Dec 19. Of course I did not get my next gen seats as they will have to be installed later. Hope this helps. I will post when I have my car.

@Brownbody. Sweet! Just five days from complete to actual pick up in Chicago. You are first in Chicago as far as I know and beat the expected delivery by 2 days!! Big Congrats and please post pictures and delivery experience. Now that is Tesla service we can all smile about. :biggrin: