Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contact your service center. I'm sure they will swap it out for you. It's obvious it was delivered that way.

Just contacted them. The lady on the phone told me to email her the pictures and she will find out if they are already tracking it (apparently they already have a list of things to track per car - maybe that's where they put the "must swap seats for NG seats" action item). She said I can probably have it taken care of at one of their Service Centers.
I'm waiting for her to get back to me. I'm not too worried though (if that's the worse there is, it's really no biggie).

-- Greg

I've got to admit, this concerns me.

Tesla identified a problem, but let the car out the door anyway. Would they have done that if it wasn't December, and they didn't need to get a lot of cars delivered? What other problems might they be marking in green, but allowing to be delivered? What problems might they not be catching at all?

Is this just a "one-off" kind of thing, and am I doing a good "Chicken Little" impression? Or might we have just seen the tip of the iceberg?

It's concerning if they knew about it and did not say anything like, "Hey, there is an insignificant chip in the wheel, we'll be in contact to replace it shortly." That green tape is pretty clear that they had notice. If that wheel ever cracked and caused an accident, Tesla would obviously have no defense. I'm very surprised they would mark it like that and deliver it. They probably marked it and forgot to change out the wheel. I am sure they will address this very fast for you, Redox.

So I got the standard call that I am not getting next gen seats at this time, which I expected. However, the seats that are being shipped are an "updated version of the original" with "bigger head rests for whiplash protection."
Just like most on this forum, I can keep theses "updated originals" and the $3,500 or wait to take the next gen seats in Jan/Feb.

Not being a Tesla owner (this week anyway), I really don't know the difference. I am checking out these new base model seats on Saturday but will have no experience with the next gen seats to compare against.

So what is everyone here doing? Are the next gen seats really worth the $3500?

Are you getting the textile seats? The textile seats are no additional cost. The Nappa (performance) seats are a $1500 option. The Next Generation (Recaro) seats are a $3500 option. I was told mine would be delivered with the Nappa Performance seats and if I wanted to keep them they would give me a $2000 credit.

I elected to have the Next Generation seats installed when they come in.

Mike

So I got the standard call that I am not getting next gen seats at this time, which I expected. However, the seats that are being shipped are an "updated version of the original" with "bigger head rests for whiplash protection."
Just like most on this forum, I can keep theses "updated originals" and the $3,500 or wait to take the next gen seats in Jan/Feb.

Not being a Tesla owner (this week anyway), I really don't know the difference. I am checking out these new base model seats on Saturday but will have no experience with the next gen seats to compare against.

So what is everyone here doing? Are the next gen seats really worth the $3500?

Go with Next Gen. You don't want Tesla's Top-Of-The-Line car with regular seats. Plus, when you get the Next Gen seats installed, it will feel like you're upgrading your vehicle at a later date, and it gives you something else fun to look forward to.

Just contacted them. The lady on the phone told me to email her the pictures and she will find out if they are already tracking it (apparently they already have a list of things to track per car - maybe that's where they put the "must swap seats for NG seats" action item). She said I can probably have it taken care of at one of their Service Centers.
I'm waiting for her to get back to me. I'm not too worried though (if that's the worse there is, it's really no biggie).

-- Greg

Hmm, so they're tracking "issuses" and not telling us? Hoping we don't notice?

Please take a picture of the interior. Also ordered the tan next gen, but only seen the black ones

not the new gen. But tan seats black header. New gens coming in 2015.

image.jpg

Are you getting the textile seats? The textile seats are no additional cost. The Nappa (performance) seats are a $1500 option. The Next Generation (Recaro) seats are a $3500 option. I was told mine would be delivered with the Nappa Performance seats and if I wanted to keep them they would give me a $2000 credit.

To be accurate there are 3 levels of leather seats.

Nappa - $1500
Performance - $2500 (discontinued though queue still has cars with this option on them, basically the same as Nappa but have alcantara pieces in some places and a different colored piping).
Next Gen - $3500 (all leather, no piping, added bolsters)

A $2000 credit would be more in line with receiving the Nappa seats. I'd guess if you're getting the Performance seats they'd offer $1000. So you might want to clarify which you're getting.

Took delivery today. Shocked to see no Next Gen seats. the DS did not know they weren't next gen till I pointed out. He went in to find out came back and asked me if front were next gen :tongue: I said None !! he went in again and came back to say they were not ready. I think he was fairly new to the whole thing.