Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D Next Generation Seats Delivery Thread

P85D Next Gen Seat Retrofits

• Keep what I got - Non Next Gen Front + Rear - I want the $2k credit

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Keep what I got - Next Gen Front + Non Next Gen Rear

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Get the Next Gen Seats Front + Rear

Votes: 75 82.4%
  • Get the Next Gen Seats Front - Keep Non Next Gen Rears

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nextgen seats now available for non-P cars in the design studio... So the supply constraint excuse seems like nothing more than an excuse here......

Now that is a bit annoying.

I wonder if tesla has ventilated seats coming and they decided to delay retrofitting the owed seats in favor of giving us the ventilated seats as a way of saying thanks for our patience. Eh, wishful thinking on my part.

I wonder if tesla has ventilated seats coming and they decided to delay retrofitting the owed seats in favor of giving us the ventilated seats as a way of saying thanks for our patience. Eh, wishful thinking on my part.
Hahahaha, that is a soution I could live with;) But I assume I have better odds of winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

Just got a call from Tesla Norway in which they informed my that it could be May before I see any seats and that they had no prior warning about this issue. It is now also confirmed that I am not the only Norwegian that got so "lucky" this time around.

Nextgen seats now available for non-P cars in the design studio... So the supply constraint excuse seems like nothing more than an excuse here......

OK, now we are just into the realm of truly bad customer service, bordering on abuse of those of us still waiting for seats we paid for. Even if there are supply constraints, and they are not Tesla's fault, they *are* Tesla's *problem*.

OK, now we are just into the realm of truly bad customer service, bordering on abuse of those of us still waiting for seats we paid for. Even if there are supply constraints, and they are not Tesla's fault, they *are* Tesla's *problem*.

I've been pretty vocal in saying I think Tesla should do something for those of us being forced to wait for the Next Gen seats. I say that to remind everyone that I'm not one to ordinarily make excuses for Tesla on this topic. But I think this particular issue may not be as bad as it looks on the surface.

People ordering new non-P cars now would not expect to receive them (I don't believe) before the time-frame that was laid out for us to be receiving our Next Gen seats, provided the port strike issues did not get worse. If the port strike issues did get worse, those people might not get their Next Gen seats either (although my guess would be in that case, it would, in fact, be us that again got the short end of the stick before they did, for all the reasons mentioned upthread.)

I guess I'm saying I see this as a little less of a slap in our faces than others might.

I've been pretty vocal in saying I think Tesla should do something for those of us being forced to wait for the Next Gen seats. I say that to remind everyone that I'm not one to ordinarily make excuses for Tesla on this topic. But I think this particular issue may not be as bad as it looks on the surface.

People ordering new non-P cars now would not expect to receive them (I don't believe) before the time-frame that was laid out for us to be receiving our Next Gen seats, provided the port strike issues did not get worse. If the port strike issues did get worse, those people might not get their Next Gen seats either (although my guess would be in that case, it would, in fact, be us that again got the short end of the stick before they did, for all the reasons mentioned upthread.)

I guess I'm saying I see this as a little less of a slap in our faces than others might.
Yes, if you order an 85 or 60 with next gen seats the design studio tells you May delivery.
If you order a P85D with next gen seats the design studio tells you late March. So someone ordering two months after me gets his car two weeks after me. Great.
As I've said before - Tesla is acting rational. It's not something I like. It's something I understand.

Yes, if you order an 85 or 60 with next gen seats the design studio tells you May delivery.
If you order a P85D with next gen seats the design studio tells you late March. So someone ordering two months after me gets his car two weeks after me. Great.
As I've said before - Tesla is acting rational. It's not something I like. It's something I understand.

I was just pointing out that Tesla offering the Next Gen seats as an option on the non-Ps now, before delivering the seats to those of us waiting for them, while clearly rational, also wasn't necessarily a decision that we should, as you put it, "not like," as it may not hold any negative implications for us.

It's quite possible they know the number of NG seats due to current P85D owners in US and overseas for service center installation, and have ordered 2-3x that many and can satisfy both groups simultaneously, or even current owners first. Hope it doesn't introduce further delivery timing risk for future buyers with NG seats.

Who makes them and where?

After everything else that has happened recently, I truly believe that people ordering their S60's with next-gen seats will take delivery before any of us are even given an updated ETA.

I hope I am proven wrong.

Getting my rear seats swapped on the 18th. Turns out no one got the memo about my recent move to NC (even though I've updated my info with Tesla a few times) and my seats were sent to Devon, PA.

Luckily, I'm scheduled to be in that area anyway that day, so, just going to get it done while I'm there. Was told it wouldn't take long.

Getting my rear seats swapped on the 18th. Turns out no one got the memo about my recent move to NC (even though I've updated my info with Tesla a few times) and my seats were sent to Devon, PA.

Luckily, I'm scheduled to be in that area anyway that day, so, just going to get it done while I'm there. Was told it wouldn't take long.

I think you're the first I've seen receiving the seats. I'm being lazy as I could go look in the spreadsheet.. What's your VIN and when did you take delivery? I'm curious in what order they are shipping seats.

Just received an email in the last hour from the Chicago Service Center stating that my Next-Gen seats have arrived. Yeah! Not sure yet what specific arrangements will need to be coordinated to have them installed since I don't live near the service center - i.e., onsite through Ranger Service, if they will pick up the car, or if I need to take it to them?

Just received an email in the last hour from the Chicago Service Center stating that my Next-Gen seats have arrived. Yeah! Not sure yet what specific arrangements will need to be coordinated to have them installed since I don't live near the service center - i.e., onsite through Ranger Service, if they will pick up the car, or if I need to take it to them?
So the people who got the date for replacement... did you previously get the email telling you that you'd have to wait until May? Or did they set different expectation for different people?
I'll admit that I was quite relieved when mine arrived with the new seats. Of course it has spent more time at the SC than with me since delivery and I had a P85 on 21" wheels with the old seats in the mean time. Not comfortable...

So the people who got the date for replacement... did you previously get the email telling you that you'd have to wait until May? Or did they set different expectation for different people?
I'll admit that I was quite relieved when mine arrived with the new seats. Of course it has spent more time at the SC than with me since delivery and I had a P85 on 21" wheels with the old seats in the mean time. Not comfortable...
I received Jerome's email on 2/24 stating that they would have the seats installed in my vehicle by the end of May, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn today that they were waiting for me at the service center. I always say it's better to underpromise and overdeliver. Let's hope this is a sign that Tesla is finally taking this approach.

I have followed your adventures here on the forums, so hoping that it will be smooth sailing for you going forward. It is never pleasant to get a new car and then have it plucked away from you, especially a car as exciting to drive as the P85D!