Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D Next Generation Seats Delivery Thread

P85D Next Gen Seat Retrofits

• Keep what I got - Non Next Gen Front + Rear - I want the $2k credit

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Keep what I got - Next Gen Front + Non Next Gen Rear

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Get the Next Gen Seats Front + Rear

Votes: 75 82.4%
  • Get the Next Gen Seats Front - Keep Non Next Gen Rears

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious. How much warning are folks getting between notification that the replacement seats are on the way and when they arrive at the SC for installation? Is it just "surprise they're here!" or does the SC know a week or two in advance?

I got the "surprise" approach. I'll have a little delay between now and install date (4/15) since I needed a loaner vehicle.

I've got all faith though that this will be worth it!

Now that is a bit annoying.

I wonder if tesla has ventilated seats coming and they decided to delay retrofitting the owed seats in favor of giving us the ventilated seats as a way of saying thanks for our patience. Eh, wishful thinking on my part.

I had that same thought. Wishful indeed, and unlikely to be met by reality, I'm afraid. Haven't gotten the call yet, btw, and I was early in the black hole, so production order seems out.

FWIW, I emailed Tesla about a potential paid next-gen seat retrofit for my fiance's front seats. They said no. :(

I was starting to post that it would probably be worth asking again once they open up the Next Gen seats to the rest of the Model S line. Before actually posting I figured I'd better check to make sure that hadn't happened yet, and I see, by checking the configuration page, that it has. I guess I'm a little behind the times.

Assuming that must have happened at least somewhat recently, and that Tesla must still be at least a little backlogged on the Next Gens, since some of us still don't have them, it still may make sense for you to ask again in the future.

IMO, the retrofits are definitely by manufacturing date, not delivery or VIN. wk057 and I got our cars delivered at Devon less than a week apart and I have heard nothing about my next gen seats. I am not complaining and will wait patiently. Just putting out a data point. (maybe I will get ventilated seats...and maybe not:wink:)

EDIT: FYI: Like many, I received an email from Jerome's office about 2 months ago indicating that I would get the seats in May. I appreciated the communication and thus am content to wait patiently through May.

Last edited:
Were you expecting it to or not? I mean did you order it during a window when Tesla was selling both front and rear Next Gens, or did you order when the Next Gens were a front only option, and getting them in the back too is a pleasant surprise for you.
i was expecting it to be. however, i did make a slight change to my order after it was sent (but not confirmed) and the rear NG seats were no longer pictured; though the price was still at $3500. i guess it would be more of a website issue at that point. the DS did mention that there was a chance that the car could come without them but he doubted it...