Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in now credits FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GRiLLA

Jul 5, 2020
UK
I saw someone post about this on Twitter, so I did a new trade in price for my 2019 LR Model 3 with FSD that cost me £4800 when I got the car. In December I was offered £40,600, today I'm offered £44,600.

Anyone else seen their trade in price increase ?

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655
I'm being offered £52,500 for my 2020 M3P with FSD, but was offered £52,300 in early December, so not sure if there's any appreciable difference there, although it was £48,400 in June lol.

If the new one wasn't knocking on £70k for the same spec I'd be inclined to switch!

Interestingly quotes are instant now, rather than taking a day or so before.

If you are considering this, look at a private party sale. The trade in calculator offered £26k for a car equivilent to £43k on Autotrader. I know people will knock you down from asking price and it takes some effort and that the dealer has to make some money, but a £17k margin has a lot of working room.

So I let the offer of £44,600 expire, and did a new one that's now £45,800. WBAC are still £39,000. My tyres are at 4mm, so should make it to March, so I avoid spending £600-700 on new.

So I'm trading in, it's costing me £8,690 to get back into a brand new black LR with EAP after 31 months. If that was a lease it would heave been £280 a month.

So basically less than leasing a Ford Fiesta Trend 1.1

Reactions: Durzel and MrT3
Yeah anyone who took out a lease or bought outright in 2019 is probably on to a winner really. Pre-COVID and pre-Brexit, before supply chains went to absolute s**t and all used car prices went up instead of down. Definitely odd times.. usually it's the lease companies who win (obviously) as depreciation is fairly predictable.

Being offered £55,700 on my March M3P (FSD, if it counts), which is higher than its been previously. Would cost £10k to get into the same car with EAP instead. I'd be tempted if I didn't feel like there's never a great time to buy these cars with the constant updates.. and I want to see what 4680 brings.

Last edited: