Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traded my M3P for an RS3 - My thoughts on both cars for what it's worth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See my last screenshot. from $63k to $50k in two years is about 20% depreciation which aligns with other non RS audi/bmw/MB cars. and anything beyond early 2020 is outlier and abnormal, so disregard the trend after the beginning of 2020 and later.
It's more like 2.5 years and 20 percent which again is pretty solid. I think we are interpreting the data differently. Anyway, I fully expect higher end teslas like the m3p to follow the same trend as every other luxury/sports car. Tesla won't be spared from depreciation once things normalize and its unrealistic to think otherwise.

Love the RS3, there was a thread where a guy was speculating over the same scenario (sell TM3 / buy ICE), my recommendation :cool:

I dig on the green (though I'd prefer a black caliper with that exterior), I had a yellow Z06 and an orange GT convertible, fun cars, great colors. I sort of tick-tock with a gray-scale color, then back to something with a big bold color, I'm currently in a gray phase :D
Yeah I would have preferred a different caliper. The car was pre-built by audi so I had zero choice in the matter. The red doesn't bother me that much.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
It's more like 2.5 years and 20 percent which again is pretty solid. I think we are interpreting the data differently. Anyway, I fully expect higher end teslas like the m3p to follow the same trend as every other luxury/sports car. Tesla won't be spared from depreciation once things normalize and its unrealistic to think otherwise.
I agree. all cars are depreciating assets (in normal market). If you enjoy it, that's all that matter.

Nice article and lots of replies - I just got my model 3 in Florida and enjoying it - I still look at the Porsche in a lot in Delray Beach - kind of like flirting when your cars not looking - dealing with getting charger installed - many electricians don’t want to open a permit - or charge up to $500 just for that - permit is required in palm beach county - so you probably have a charger when you switch back

Reactions: clerks
Nice article and lots of replies - I just got my model 3 in Florida and enjoying it - I still look at the Porsche in a lot in Delray Beach - kind of like flirting when your cars not looking - dealing with getting charger installed - many electricians don’t want to open a permit - or charge up to $500 just for that - permit is required in palm beach county - so you probably have a charger when you switch back
Crazy. My plug was installed in about 30 minutes for $175.

6-7MT well tuned rear biased AWD only for me, need to be constantly involved with that engine. Golf R or post-2012 Carrera 4S in this country right now.
Unlike you metro commuters, we have wide open twisties and no traffic jams in the heart of Appalachia.

Reactions: tm1v2
We have a family condo in Del Ray. Beautiful place to live.

Reactions: alangold
6-7MT well tuned rear biased AWD only for me, need to be constantly involved with that engine. Golf R or post-2012 Carrera 4S in this country right now.
Unlike you metro commuters, we have wide open twisties and no traffic jams in the heart of Appalachia.
@Kandiru Heck yes! Much love for twisty rural roads through the hills, with more turns than cars on them. People who say why bother with upgraded suspension on a daily driver, don't understand what daily/frequent driving is for some of us. 👍

Yeah I would have preferred a different caliper. The car was pre-built by audi so I had zero choice in the matter. The red doesn't bother me that much.

Yeah, and heck, you could do whatever to them, PC, paint, swap :D

Speaking of mods: holy smokes, it would be so hard for me to avoid some tuning on an RS3, knowing how much power is corked up.

Did it have the green stitching on the interior? In fact, I demand you toss up some more photos and include some interior shots :D

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
Yeah, and heck, you could do whatever to them, PC, paint, swap :D

Speaking of mods: holy smokes, it would be so hard for me to avoid some tuning on an RS3, knowing how much power is corked up.

Did it have the green stitching on the interior? In fact, I demand you toss up some more photos and include some interior shots :D
Hmmm...the red from the tail lights and the calipers sorta ties together.

Yes...mods....and yes to the photos of the interior. Some of us are going to have to live the ICE fling vicariously through your pictures. :oops:...uh...:cool:

Yes, indeedy. And it's far and away the coolest part of the car. I'll post some pictures. The green stitching, green dash accents and particularly the green LED lighting at night makes for a sweet cockpit.

Attachments

• 16630991987153820397744328886375.jpg
    16630991987153820397744328886375.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 16630992162537768156027669400130.jpg
    16630992162537768156027669400130.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 16630993072751316803370549397114.jpg
    16630993072751316803370549397114.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 106
It's interesting that parts of the interior and even the threads match the paint.

As a former long-time Audi owner, their interiors were the best in the industry for a long while. Some of them are still really nice, but they've gone screen-crazy, only not in the same way that Tesla has. They have multiple screens in most models, and the software/integration doesn't hold a candle to Tesla's.

That said, the RS3's interior looks great, IMO, even if it still has too much gloss-black (read: fingerprint-magnet) for my taste.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes