Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in X for accord.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Talks a lot, says little. He is complaining about his edge case of needing more range. Boring.

EVs do not fit everybody's needs. No car fits everybody's needs. An F-150 and parking in NYC? A Mini and an obese driver? A Ferrari in the snow? A BMW and five kids? An Accord for off-road? A diesel vehicle in -30˚ weather and no garage? etc.

Talks a lot, says little. He is complaining about his edge case of needing more range. Boring.

EVs do not fit everybody's needs. No car fits everybody's needs. An F-150 and parking in NYC? A Mini and an obese driver? A Ferrari in the snow? A BMW and five kids? An Accord for off-road? A diesel vehicle in -30˚ weather and no garage? etc.
Exactly.

I disagree. The Delorean in back to the future is a vehicle that fits everybody’s needs. There isn’t a situation in the world where you’d need another car, if so just go back in time and change it until you no longer need anything else

So he buys the piggiest Tesla, at the highest price (two of them) and folks are supposed to take his advice?

Then swaps one for 5 year old Hybrid. If he's in an accident with his family, which would you rather be in? a 5 year old Honda or a 2018 Model X. I know which I'd want to be in.

I can't say he's wrong in theory, I didn't want to be 100% Electric either, so we got a 2019 Volt and a 2019 Raven X LR (Non P) with 20" wheels. We can be dynamically 100% electric and only use gas when absolutely needed.

And considering a Model S is ~25% Heavier than a Model 3, with 25% more battery and goes ~25% further (and the furthest), it's doing pretty darn good efficiency wise. And I don't think 5 minutes quicker total time for a "complete" charge on a 200 Kwh or 250 kWh would solve his problems.

There is always going to be improvements coming. So buy when ever you feel like it. No different than waiting for "next years" better phone.

The title is total bull. He covers why he made a poor decision on going 100% electric by not running though his routine driving scenarios. So instead of acknowledging how ignorant he was for moving to all electric, he tries to be witty and smart on how he traded his Model X for an Accord. Instead of trying to be witty about a poor decision why not just be informative for ppl who are going through the same decisions before they make the same mistake.