Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip to Home Depot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't do this in the old car. (Much to my chagrin, one of the carpet screws under the seat popped off. Another item to the list....)

View attachment 19270

Sent via Tapatalk.

I see your trip to Home Depot and raise you a trip to IKEA. This is a GALANT corner desk: GALANT Corner desk-left - IKEA

When we first tried to load it, I thought it was hopeless. But with a little perseverance (and desperation) we figured out how to tilt things just right and rotate the desktop around the narrow point in the cargo area. Tearing away part of the box was also required. But we got the damn thing home. And managed to extract it from the car with some additional effort.

ikea.jpg

Although I do have to admit that the desk crammed in there doesn't look nearly as scary as all that lumber aimed at the 17" screen.

In case anyone wondered, you can fit a standard size dish washer in the back of a Model S. Just be really sure all the water is drained out if it isn't brand new. As an added bonus, when you have the rear hatch closed the various hoses and wires on the bottom of the dishwasher make it look you have a flux capacitor in your car . . .
dishwasher.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: arcus
I realize that this is a very old thread, but figured I would add my cargo story.

I just hauled home a long arm quilting machine with quilting frame. The frame has 5 10' pieces of conduit, 2 large side panels, and a center frame. I put down the rear seat behind the driver. The poles went over the arm rest, into the front passenger foot area. All 5 pipes fit fine and the rear security panel even folded down above the poles.

The panels went in the rear cargo area flat. The quilting machine went in the frunk.

All of this rode fine for the 400 mile drive home.

Reactions: kevincwelch
No way, no chance ... .EVER ... you'd see that in my S! Im already picturing that 4x6 sliding into the 17" during a regen.

Dude, you are crazy! I'd have paid some guy at HD to drive it home for me .... or better yet a neighbor.
One of the parameters we used when we bought our Model S is how many 2x4s we could haul home. I keep 3 heavy bath towels in the car at all times just in case I want to haul something oversized and/or dirty.

Reactions: kevincwelch