Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing is that i dont need more dumb moves, we already had enough dumb moves, now it shall be show time, i wanna see the baby go up and up. i bought a good amount of shares when it was under 20$ last year. So it could go up again, there is plenty good reason for it..
I agree that there are many, many reasons for TSLA to go up. But at this critical point in time, there is also plenty good reason for it to not go up. Right now there are many hurdles that they have to clear. I personally believe that they will be successful (or perhaps it's just my optimistic nature). But until there is relatively absolute proof that they can pull off this complete industry-changing concept, the price of their stock is really just an exciting crap-shoot. Thankfully there are enough of us believers to realize the opportunity that we have in front of us.

At what price? Why not sell some puts at that price point? You make a bit extra and there's a lot of premium in options right now. No lose situation.
First off I want to state that yes, I am short TSLA puts right now. However... there is a counter to your claim of "a no lose situation". And that is if you believe that TSLA puts will hit their strike but they don't and instead the stock only goes up, then the only profit that you have gained is the premium from selling the puts. And since you didn't buy the stock outright, you will Lose​ the opportunity to participate in the appreciation of the underlying security.

I have a large buy limit order in lower than where we're at ... here's hoping for more dumb moves :).
Right on! I think that you can't go wrong buying TSLA (or should I say more TSLA?) at the current level or lower.

Last edited:
I had a $27 in last week to even my Tsla share #. maybe it will got to 26.50 so I can make an even better even # 1k...and I have no Idea how my 100 shares keeps getting bigger? oh well. not planning on selling them anyway. i want to follow the C-T method but I just keep buying more
woohoo 0.1% owner (almost)

Lol. Buying is the easy part. Takes a lot of discipline to sell when everything is going right, I totally understand.

You sound an awful lot like someone else who used to post on this thread often. :)

We haven't seen him here in a long time. Likewise with Steph. He didn't get evicted again did he?

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt about that.

I'm to chicken to sell. However, I'm going to have to sell 50-100 shares in my IRA by the end of the year (for tax purposes).

If he were able to vote in a US election (but he's Canadian), based on his fb posts, I think it's safe to say he'd not be voting for Romney.

Obama isn't the President of Canada?

:tongue:

Sorry. I seem to be amusing myself. I had a good friend that lived in Canada and it frustrated him to no end that American's thought that Canada had "states."

And to get back on topic: I bought another 85 shares today at the low point.

You might want to save some powder for the reaction to Q3 results, including low volumes of Model S delivered.
Yep! That's a factor that is at the forefront of my mind. Right now I'm less than 5% invested in all things TSLA. And for the near term I certainly do expect continued uncertainty from investors. But I'm ready to raise my stake at the drop of a hat. (A Tesla hat that is!) And for the longer term I believe that we'll look back and say thank goodness I bought some at $28.

Cheers =)

Not amused...we have had our share of career bureaucrats thank you very much... :wink::tongue:

Obama isn't the President of Canada?

:tongue:

Sorry. I seem to be amusing myself. I had a good friend that lived in Canada and it frustrated him to no end that American's thought that Canada had "states."

And to get back on topic: I bought another 85 shares today at the low point.

Status
Not open for further replies.