Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
w00t!

New Elon Tweet: "V proud of Tesla team for completing 1000th Model S body. More cars made this month than entire rest of year"

Thanks for the news.

p.s. I believe that after the fifth post you're allowed to add an avatar. Then you'll be avatar 2x.

And if you were to use something like this
then you would be avatar 3x. :biggrin:

Cheers =)

Trying to parse what he means by "more cars made this month than entire rest of year". We know that the last week of september they were making 100 cars/week. Anyone know how many cars they made thru end of September?

We know they have completed production of 359 cars total by the end of September... With ~100 of them produced last week of Sep. So not much information in the statement...

GG explained what I was thinking. I probably should have put the volume comment in a new paragraph as I did not mean to imply a special law/regulation.

I think TSLA and the market have been trading with relatively low volume because of uncertainty; the conference call and election will resolve much of the uncertainty (the fiscal cliff/taxaggedon still has to be addressed.)

The conference call should be more substantive than prior ones, with official information about:
-deliveries
-production rate
-reservations
-financial details of Supercharger capital and operating expenses.
-guidance for 2013, and (maybe)
-customer relations.

So is there any validity to the fears of this "taxaggedon" thing? The way I understand it is that next year taxes on investments (or sold stock?) will be more next year, forcing a lot of people to divest before the years end to avoid it. I don't know, it just sounds like it won't happen as dramatically as people are saying.

So is there any validity to the fears of this "taxaggedon" thing? The way I understand it is that next year taxes on investments (or sold stock?) will be more next year, forcing a lot of people to divest before the years end to avoid it. I don't know, it just sounds like it won't happen as dramatically as people are saying.

It may or may not happen. The market will reflect the probability that it is going to happen. As it looks more and more likely that the tax rate will change, more and more people will sell. If it begins to look like the tax cut will be extended, more people will hold off on selling.

Finally an advantage for Tesla followers who live on the east coast:

Tesla Motors Revises Time for Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results

PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/29/12 -- Due to the proximity to the election, Tesla Motors, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) is moving up the time when it will post its financial results and host the Question & Answer (Q&A) for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012. The results will now be posted at prior to market open on Monday, November 5, 2012, instead of at the market close on Monday.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, Tesla will issue a brief advisory release via Marketwire containing a link to the third quarter 2012 Shareholder Letter, available on the company website. Tesla management will hold a live Q&A session at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time) to discuss the Company's financial and business results and outlook.
What: Tesla Motors, Inc. Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results Q&A Conference Call
When: Monday, November 5, 2012
Time: 5:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time / 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time

This is a good article to remind us of what not to do when investing: 15 Biases That Make You A Bad Investor

Actually just 14:

1 Confirmation bias
2 Recency bias
3 Backfiring effect
4 Anchoring
5 Framing bias
6 Skill bias
7 Hindsight bias
8 Pessimism bias
9 Halo effect
10 Illusion of control
11 Escalation of commitment
12 Negativity bias
13 Ostrich bias
14 Risk perception bias

Last edited:
The Tesla spokesman makes an odd statement.
Tesla spokesman Jeff Evanson acknowledged that the earnings move is the result of Romney's attacks, but added, "There isn't any news that will be relevant to the election in the earnings announcement."
So, the moved call time is related to Romney's attacks, but yet the info on the call won't be related to the election...in which case, why move the time?

Well, I guess this:

He said that pushing the earnings up to the beginning of the day from the end was as much distance from the start of voting as the company could manage.

could also mean that they expect the results to be perceived as negative (which in the financial-short-term they likely will be). I guess we'll just have to see how the market reacts to that there have been delays, while production is now increasing.

It would surprise me if they went through this effort to release any disappointing news just before the election. So I'd think in general they expect the news will be seen as good, or at least encouraging.
Skeptic in me thinks that they do not want to release disappointing news and trying to move release time/date as close as possible to election so that bad news wont be used in political football:cursing:

I think TSLA will confirm guidance on production and revenues at the lower end of what they said before (2,500 vehicles delivered to customers in Q4) and that TSLA will be cash flow break even by 12/31/12. This is good news for the DOE loan so having as much time to release the results before the election will prevent Romney from making any more negative statements regarding TSLA and the DOE loans to TLSA.

There is a balancing act between getting as much of the production ramp behind them and as much time before the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.