Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm either excited or worried about the Delivery buttons people are getting tonight.

My reservation #13850 made in November and finalized on the first day I could, 1/11/13, Delivery button received 1/28, has a delivery window of Feb 28-March 14th for my P85.

I saw someone else (hershey101) posted they got their (#18278) delivery button tonight. They Made their reservation on 1/14/13, Finalize button 2/4, Delivery button today 2/10, with a Delivery window of March 13-27.

So their window overlaps mine, even though we are almost 5000 reservations apart.

Does this mean there are a LOT of cancellations, or Tesla is pumping out cars at an enormous rate, or...??

Currently they are not building any 40kW packs, red paint jobs or standard suspension cars. I expect there are some cancelations, but my guess is most of that is the options that are not available yet.
We should find out more at the meeting.

True. It's pretty awesome if they're pumping them out fast (and keeping the quality up). I'm assuming at the Q4 report they're going to talk about how many they've pushed out the door YTD too -- which I hope is a pretty staggering number. Sure seems like it based on the reservation #s they are getting up to.

Currently they are not building any 40kW packs, red paint jobs or standard suspension cars. I expect there are some cancelations, but my guess is most of that is the options that are not available yet.
We should find out more at the meeting.

I'm either excited or worried about the Delivery buttons people are getting tonight.

My reservation #13850 made in November and finalized on the first day I could, 1/11/13, Delivery button received 1/28, has a delivery window of Feb 28-March 14th for my P85.

I saw someone else (hershey101) posted they got their (#18278) delivery button tonight. They Made their reservation on 1/14/13, Finalize button 2/4, Delivery button today 2/10, with a Delivery window of March 13-27.

So their window overlaps mine, even though we are almost 5000 reservations apart.

Does this mean there are a LOT of cancellations, or Tesla is pumping out cars at an enormous rate, or...??

Ahh... I was just gonna post this (you beat me to it :))... I really hope that they can keep the quality of the cars up at this rate/there aren't a lot of cancellations otherwise I'm gonna look mighty foolish buying long term calls on the company...
By the time the summer ends, I'm hoping that their stock will pay for my car (Capitalism at its finest :D)

Did anyone post this one from Friday? (I did a search but didn't see it)
Forbes:
Tesla Motors Cruises Into Earnings With Better Margins And Model S Sales
"Tesla Motors
is scheduled to announce its Q4 results on February 11."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatsp...rnings-with-better-margins-and-model-s-sales/

- - - Updated - - -

Also San Jose Mercury News from 2/8: "Other solar companies also fell, as did electric car maker Tesla, which declined 0.6 percent ahead of its earnings report scheduled for Monday."

Considering the NASDAQ website states the earnings date is wednesday and not tomorrow, I suspect it is Wednesday at the earliest, next week at the latest. It seems a bit odd that they haven't made a statement regarding the discrepancy.
Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Earnings Report Date - NASDAQ.com

Without a press release from Tesla I'll consider any comment from secondary websites to be highly suspect.

Tesla Motors' Model S Sales News Key In Q4 Earnings Report TSLA TM - Investors.com

IBD claims they have heard directly from Tesla, though I'll only believe it when I see it. Maybe this is them trying to surprise the market? Can they release earnings if they haven't publicly announced a date?

Last edited:
Interesting thought. Although, I wonder what kind of impact the article will have - if any. The writer technically stated things that were already known, and other news sources seem to have held off on following the story. It is already known that cold weather impacts the range of the car. What negative things did the article say that would signify trouble ahead? I certainly didn't see anything.

I wonder if they will make any mention of Model X reservations. They seem to be taking reservations at 10 per day. Considering the car won't be produced for over a year, that's fairly impressive.

I can't imagine what bad things they could announce, unless for some reason the cancelation rate was really high. The only thing I could see happening is if it turns out a really high number of their reservation holders flaked out and decided to not buy after a test drive. I somehow don't see that as likely.

Aren't they likely (At the minimum?) to announce that they have produced over 5k cars, delivered over 4000 and are operating at 20k production capacity? Would think VINs over 5k being issued would be confirmation of this?

Last edited:
IBTW, the article says Tesla needs to produce 400/week (which is about 20,000 per year) to break even. I haven't heard that number before, and I think it is actually 8,000 per year (in the context of Model S production), as Elon said in the last annual shareholder meeting. (Though it is not always clear what exactly the numbers refer to).

I believe you are correct. 8K/year is breakeven and 20K/year gives them 25% gross margins.

25K/year gives them $45/share stock price. :biggrin:

Investor Business Daily reported that it would be Monday morning. Confusing at best.
Let me start by saying I am long on tesla but they are aware of this confusion and have not clarified the report date. That is not forgivable. Question not professional. They don't need to respond to rumors or news stories but when it confuses investor base they can announce date. I e mailed investor relations 1 week ago in regards to confusion over report date still no response. Please don't tell me that position is too busy building cars to respond to legit questions even if its to state that no date is yet selected

Share falling now pre-trade. Rignt now (1,5 h before opening) down to $38.00 (-3,16%). However according to Nasdaq.com only something like 2000 stocks traded pre-market. I think it's the NY Times article... Been on the fence for a while now after taking profit at $35. Thinking about buying some pre-market or wait until market open for an even bigger drop???

depending on how much you are looking to add I might suggest picking up a few shares now and then if it keeps dropping when market opens you can add more the further it drops or if there is an announcement of some type that is good and the stock heads north you will have some shares to benefit from .... it seems with no announcement this morning the stock is looking to drop early but I know there are a lot of people who have taken profits looking to get back in (me included) so i dont see it dropping too much without any significant bad news

I know conspiracy theories are more fun, but did anyone consider picking up the phone and calling investor relations?

I'm sure they couldn't tell you when earnings will be announced ahead of an official press release, but they could confirm that it won't happen without a press release and tell you when to expect that.

This is the kind of stuff they are there for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

the question is why they didnt announce the date. Is it today, wednesday, next week?? Nobody seems to know..
I agree. First if it were today it could be after the close. But they did not miss date even if not today since they never scheduled it. You have to wonder if either there not aware of issue (not good for investor relations dept/guy) or there is some reason to keep secret which would make no sense what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I know conspiracy theories are more fun, but did anyone consider picking up the phone and calling investor relations?

I'm sure they couldn't tell you when earnings will be announced ahead of an official press release, but they could confirm that it won't happen without a press release and tell you when to expect that.

This is the kind of stuff they are there for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
I emailed a week ago telling them of confusion. No response. Maybe position empty or person asleep at the position

I agree. First if it were today it could be after the close. But they did not miss date even if not today since they never scheduled it. You have to wonder if either there not aware of issue (not good for investor relations dept/guy) or there is some reason to keep secret which would make no sense what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed a week ago telling them of confusion. No response. Maybe position empty or person asleep at the position

dsdsd.gif

Could be a good oppurtunity to buy more shares today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.